We are back from our honeymoon!

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 20th, 2012, 07:10 PM
destiny2000's Avatar Super Mommy
Sorry this will be long lol....Wow, what a week. It had some major ups and some major downs, but all in all turned out great. All I can say is if I ever ever had to redo that, I would totally be a bridezilla and not care who I ticked off.
So the day before the wedding (may 11) I had to work from 8-11am. I said I would so I could get as many hours in as possible, even knowing I had so much to do. So I get up early bring the kids to where they needed to be (5 kids, 4 different spots makes for a tough morning ) to get to work by 8. No one shows up to let me in the building till 9:30!! I sat in the parking lot just waiting with my maid of honor (she was scheduled at 9, but came at 8 to help). I knew already that it was going to be a tough day. All of a sudden I realized that df didn't go and pick up our marraige license! So I called the town hall that we applied at (the town he works in an hour away!) to see when they were open and if they still had it. They did but they were only open till 12. So I mad rushed called df and told him he and his friends had to go get it or we wouldn't be getting married the following day. So i'm finally working away and my boss is telling me all these things to do and I was like, um i'm only working till 11, I'm getting married tomorrow remember. ugh, So I finally leave, get home (1/2hr drive) jump in the shower, crying my eyes out because df and his friends did nothing I asked of them that morning and because of it all I was going to have to set up the ceremony site and reception all by myself and get home to get ready for our dinner. So I get out through my hair up and start packing the van of everything that was needed. They all got home as I was getting ready to leave and swore they would quickly do some things and then meet me at the site. So I meet df's parents to drop the babies off from daycare with them and beg for them to give them baths cause I wouldn't have time. Get some last minute things that my daughter needed for her musical and made it to the ceremony site, and the lawn was being mowed so I had to wait to decorate. Busted it out finally and headed over to the hall where after I had everything in, df and his friends finally showed up. Meanwhile one of his groomsmen called and asked if it was ok if he brought someone and they were at the house (at this point I already have 6 extra people staying in my 3bdroom apt with us and our 5 kids ) So we are all working on the hall as quickly as possible cause at this point its 5pm, we still have to drive home (1/2hr and get ready for dinner 1/2hr away) by 8pm. So then the daycare calls and lets me know my daughter has 103 fever, so df leaves with his friends to go get her. I finally get everything done at 6:30, get home at 7, quickly get ready, while feeding the kids, to be out the door by 7:30 while sharing my bathroom with 2 girls I don't even know (which one of them stole some of my make up I just found out ). So we make it to dinner. There were 12 of us total, and df's parents were going to pay for everything. Df's friends and their gf's (the girls I didn't know ) racked up over $100 in alcohol doing shots!! I was so mad for his parents but they didn't say anything and just paid. It still makes me mad . So anyway, we all get back to our house finally at 11pm, and they say they are walking to the store to get liquor. So I go inside pay the sitter and just wait. So df calls me like 15min later and says they are all going to the movies!!!! I was soooo pissed. I cried all night long. They didn't walk in my door until 4am, and most didn't go to sleep till 5. At this point I wasn't even talking to df. My hair and make up was going to start at 6:30am, and I did not care if I was quiet at that point. So my hair and make up starts and the other girls are coming in and out of my room complaining about how tired they were only getting an hour of sleep... I so wish I had told them off, lol. So my friends showed up about 8:30. I made sure I told everyone a million times the schedule that needed to happen for evertyhign to go right. Even yelling through the door instructions. Ya well the guys had to be out of my house by 10 cause the wedding started 1/2hr away at 11 and I needed to get my dress on. Yup they didn't get out until 10:30, which means us girls didn't leave until 11, and his parents didn't show up to get ready until 11! I was late to my own wedding. As we were pulling out the dj shows up at my house!! and I was like um the reception isn't here, so he was all discombobulated, got that straightened out. That was a disaster almost. So we finally get to the ceremony site and no one was where they needed to be, the guys were walking around, so then I had to start telling everyone where to go, it was a giant mess, and if people just listened to me in the first place it all couldve been avoided.

So, music starts finally, back at one by brian mcknight, was the opening song. Everyone walks up so cutely, then my turn. The ceremony was beautiful and a butterfly even landed on dh for it We custom made (ok I custom made) the ceremony because I don't care for the traditional stuff. Btw dh just made is vows that morning even though I had been asking for weeks. We did the rose ceremony which was beautiful, and all the kids were great, even the babies stood nicely the whole time. The pictures came out amazing, the weather was beautiful. I was the first day in 2weeks that it hadn't rained. I even got a little sun burned. After all the pictures, we went to the reception, which was a fun time had by all, Thomas's friends all gave speeches and I got to meet a lot of his family. And everyone was astonished because his grandmother who has alzhimers remembers me from the 1 time ive met her almost a yr ago. Our first song came on and we started dancing, it was cute but we both hate being watched so it was awkward, lol. At 3:30 our ride came to get us for the airport, but on the way we realized that someone put a tux in our luggage and so we had to turn around and bring it back, and was almost late for our flight, but we made it The honeymoon was great, but by day 5 we were a little frustrated after spending 24/7 with each other lol... ok I will try and add some pictures that I have done. I will have to add more another time cause I am not done editing all of them but here's some anyways

First Kiss as man and wife

Wedding party

Men

Us and our kids

Girls

Yes there were alot of us kissing lol

May 22nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
Kaylala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like you had a rough day I'm sorry things didn't go smoothly for you. But it seems like you had a beautiful wedding Congratulations! I would have been screaming at them all though hehehe
June 26th, 2012, 12:17 PM
LindsayMom09
Sorry things were so hectic for you in the run up to your wedding! Never the less, it seems like you had a lovely time, and you got some beautiful pictures to show for your special day. You two are such a cute couple! Congratulations

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search