Bridesmaid jewelry help

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 10:58 AM
JessP's Avatar Lovin life and family
Send a message via MSN to JessP Send a message via Yahoo to JessP
So I am the MOH at my sister's upcoming wedding in November. There is some debate about the jewelry. Right now all the girls are buying their own, but I found online that its tradition for the bride to purchase the jewelry. Also we are trying to figure out if she wants it all to match or not. What is the best way to stay on a budget and not have someone show up in crazy jewelry? I am thinking my sister should just buck up and buy all the girls the necklace and earrings. There are 6 of us total plus junior bridesmaid and two flower girls.

Thanks .:Shortcake:. for my great siggie
http://skinny-jessi.blogspot.com/

June 5th, 2012, 12:34 PM
Me and Jesus <3 You
Is she buying anything else for the wedding?? It might not be in her budget to foot the bill for necklace and earrings for the whole gang.

I don't see anything wrong with either way. The girls could buy their own, but there should be guidelines about what is appropriate/not appropriate for the wedding style. She could specify things like silver or gold, colored gemstones, pearls, loops, dangle earrings, etc.
June 5th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Thanks. I know she is tight for money so I will suggest that she offer guidlines so we don't get some crazy jewelry LOL.

Oh forgot to mention they are paying for the wedding themselves.

June 5th, 2012, 10:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Usually some kind of jewelry is given as a 'bridesmaid gift' from the bride, intended to be worn at the wedding. If the bride has asked you to purchase your own jewelry it can not be expected that everyone will have identical accessories. That said the bride may give guidelines (if not offered, ask). Even with guidelines, the budget of the wedding party and personal style and interpretation leaves a lot of room for clashing jewelry.

If I were you I would start scouring shops and online, looking for matching or similar jewelry that would be affordable for all the attendants, and then strongly suggest that you each buy something from that store/line/online shop etc. Many of the bridesmaids may be happy to not have to shop around, and being the sister of the Bride, you have a little more pull with helping everyone decide on what to wear. If the bride really isn't picky about jewelry, then at least you can rest easy knowing that all her girls look top notch!
June 6th, 2012, 08:59 PM
Kaylala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would suggest you buy it so its coordinated but not necessarily the same you know. I will not be buying jewelry for my wedding party. But I trust they will use there but ill probably give them some guidelines to follow.
June 12th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Thanks ladies. I will see my sister again in a couple weeks for my dress fitting so I will chat with her then.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search