New Here

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 20th, 2012, 07:29 AM
Send a message via AIM to WyattsMommy09
Hi! I am an old JMer but had problems with my username and asked that my old acct be deactivated and I created a new one.

I am Holly (33). I am engaged to Rob (45). Between us we have 5 kids, though only our 3 y/o lives at home. Long complicated story.

We're getting married October 19, 2013. By that time we will have been together almost 5 years.

I am over the moon for this man. I never knew love could be like this! We did just recently hit a rough patch but we're back on track now.

We've both been married before so we're not having a traditional wedding. Here is how our wedding is going to play out:

*We are having everything at one location. Ceremony and reception. We agreed on a fall wedding because it will be at the shelterhouse of our favorite park, with a 2 acre lake and it will be so scenic for pictures in the fall, with the changing of the leaves and such. There is a huge deck that overlooks the lake so if the weather is decent, we will have the ceremony on the deck. If it isn't, we will have it inside. We like having the option. But from the moment we decided we were getting married, this was our location. And we have verbally informed people if you do not come to the ceremony (unless you have to work at that time or an equally good excuse), then do not come to the reception.

*We are having a hillbilly potluck. Everyone bring a large bowl/crock pot/turkey roaster of something. Rob's first wedding they did this. It was a huge success and saved them money, which can be used for other things for the wedding or the honeymoon. We're having a wild game dish (thinking venison stroganoff) catered but that is the only catering we are having done. Of course we will make up a few dishes for the wedding. For drinks, we will provide soda, water, coffee and 2 kegs of beer. If anyone wants to drink something else they bring their own BUT we are stipulating that everyone needs to be responsible. If anyone gets too intoxicated and starts making a fool out of themselves, they will be asked to stop drinking or leave. No one is going to ruin my wedding day! I am not a big drinker so I can take it or leave it. Rob is a weekend warrior who does drink on the weekends but has promised to play it mellow so he can enjoy and remember our wedding.

*We are having a camo/outdoors themed wedding. That will be our attire also. I have only seen Rob in a suit ONCE the almost 4 years we have been together and that was for his dad's funeral. I told himI want him to be comfortable and enjoy himself. So he is going to be wearing jeans, work boots and some sort of camo shirt. I was going to be equally attired but I got a lot of complaints about not wearing a wedding dress so I found a website that makes camo wedding dresses! I will order the next size up and have my friend fit it for me.

*My friends daughter is making our cake, my cousin is making my bouquet and taking pictures, my friends son is going to be our DJand the owners of the bar across the street is going to add our kegs of beer to their orders and we pay what they pay for it so it will be a discount for us.

*After everything is over, we are going to head to the bar where we first met and Rob proposed to me. We feel it would be symbolic to go. Of course the kids will either go back to our house or to Rob's moms or sisters house. We have to be out of the park hall by 11pm so we figured most people would want to keep the party going.

*We're still up in the air about honeymoon location. We are either thinking Amish Country or North Carolina. Amish Country would be a couple hour drive for us. Wherever we go, Rob's sister Denise (my MOH) and her husband Sean (Rob's BM) will keep our son. Rob really wants North Carolina but he won't fly. He is worried if something happens to Wyatt, not getting back here soon enough. I came up with the solution that since *I* WILL fly, we keep a good stash of money on reserve just incase I have to grab an emergency flight home and he can follow in the car behind. Fromour home, North Carolina is approx 10 hours. Doing the speed limit.

So far, that is what we have. I am open to suggestions!

Can't wait to get to know everyone and see all their ideas for their weddings.
September 20th, 2012, 05:55 PM
Kaylala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Holly! CONGRATULATIONS!! Sounds like you are way ahead of the game!! I think your wedding sound unique and exciting
September 21st, 2012, 05:58 AM
Send a message via AIM to WyattsMommy09
Thanks! I'm marrying into a gun toting redneck family and want to celebrate that fact. But we're not going so overboard like Redneck Wedding. We're not making a mockery of our day, we just wanna have fun.
October 15th, 2012, 07:03 AM
Kaylala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sounds like it will be a blast!!
October 15th, 2012, 02:44 PM
Gaby&Emmy'sMama's Avatar aka NZ-Emma
welcome & congratulations!!!!!

Your wedding sounds like it'll be beautiful - I LOVE when people go with themes that are special to THEM!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search