Wedding Advice? Help!

Forum: Wedding Planning

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Wedding Planning LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 23rd, 2013, 01:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Okay so I will probably asking quite a few questions over the next yr or two lol. My situation: we are planning a wedding aiming for either april 17 2015 Or possibly even april 2016- pending on wedding cost. We are on a tigjt budget, but want to havr a nice wedding, we have to keep it to or under 10k. So basically Im trying to figure out what little in significant things I cant cut out. So far Ive budgeted for venue, food, seating, cake, and my make up/hair/pedi/mani and thats IT. Havent even budgetted for my dress! And Im already over 5k..
.thankfully Im just pricing things and feeling it out, so my first question are boutonierres( spelled it wrong) really necessary? Would it be tacky if we didnt have them? ( BTW we are planning for no more than 75 guests)
June 4th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Urchin's Avatar Loving every minute.
Hi!

I had a wedding for about 10,000.

The ways I cut costs were:
managed to find my dress new, on ebay. It was about $800 after I got it here.
had fake flowers/boutonnieres made on etsy.
Did as many of the decorations as possible myself..and didn't get much for real flowers.
Used an ipod for music rather than a dj

I have some of the craft ideas that I used on my blog: http://urchiness.blogspot.ca/search/label/wedding

Good luck and congrats wedding planning is stressful, but can be so much fun too! If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Proud mama to Audrina (10-10-2011) & Bryden (09-19-2014)

June 14th, 2013, 07:32 PM
melaniek85's Avatar Frankie and Ronin's mommy
We had a wedding for about $10,000 3 weeks ago. We didn't have boutonnieres, actually didn't think about it but it didn't really go with our theme. I made my own bouquet (artificial flowers) and got a lot of compliments on it. Made my own center pieces, got a box of really pretty invitations for $15 and printed my own, we had our ceremony in a garden so didn't have to worry about decorations, I loved my dress and it was only $500. We had 50 quests. I'm also willing to offer any advice I can, since I've just been through it.
July 8th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Nice post!
August 27th, 2014, 12:23 AM
Planning a very is really a very stressful task. You can read this post http://www.a2zweddingcards.com/blog/...edding-budget/ to have an idea of how to have a low budget wedding. It will help you in keeping your budget low and perfect for the big day.
August 29th, 2014, 05:40 AM
Your wedding budget can be easily manageable by you because you have less guest only 75. The amount you have decided for dress are alright, you can most attractive and beautiful bridal dress in reasonable cost. Other things you have already estimated, it seems you are wise as you estimated everything previously, so in the end time you have not do so much. For boutonnieres you can easily find cheap and low price through various online stores.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search