The everything Twilight thread

Forum: Entertainment

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Entertainment LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2009, 12:26 PM
Lash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This one just is fun

June 1st, 2009, 03:23 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, Lash...thank you for posting those pics! they are awesome! i finally caught the trailer last night on mtv.com.....omg, it was so awesome!

June 1st, 2009, 05:02 PM
New Moon trailer was amazing! I can't wait til November 20th! I am patiently waiting for trailer #2, hehe
June 1st, 2009, 05:42 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Lash... that was awesome!! Way too cool you lucky cat!

I'm dying for more!
June 1st, 2009, 05:44 PM
here is some video-- Jackson making his guitar into a slide guitar with a beer bottle. They really are very good

YouTube - Jackson 100 Monkeys Dallas Slide Guitar Beer Bottle

More of his skills
YouTube - Jackson Dallas 5-30-09 Bryan Street

They make up songs on stage
YouTube - Jackson 100 Monkeys Dallas 5-30-09

Anyone been to Forks? Wanna see what it REALLY looks like? We went in January

June 1st, 2009, 05:50 PM

At the store, Dazzled by Twilight-- you can imagine what they sell

We all say this looks like I'm kneeling at the alter of Twilight

The REAL Cullen House. This home was for sale at the time SM was writing. She found this home listed online in Forks for sale and used it as the description for the house in the book. When she later visited Forks, she went to the Mormon church and asked if the house was still for sale. It had been sold, but she told people in Forks that was the home she modeled for the Cullen House. Its also in a location exactly as described-- you pass multiple bridges, crossing the Calawah River going about 14 miles out of town. Its not on the main tour because its out of town and the townspeople use a local B&B to represent the Cullen House in town

From the Lexicon -
Quote:
The location of the Cullen house is out beyond Forks itself, over the bridge at the Calawah River, from which point the road winds northwards. There is an unpaved road. It was unmarked, barely visible amongst the ferns, (TW15) that Edward takes to get to the house, and he drives through thick forest for a few miles (TW15) before the house becomes visible.
From the outside, there is a lawn or meadow, with six primordial cedars that shaded an entire acre with their vast sweep of branches (TW15) that ensure that shade stretches right up to the house.
The house itself is painted a soft, faded white, three stories tall, rectangular and well proportioned and it has a deep porch that wrapped around the first story. (TW15) Bella estimates it at around a hundred years old and describes it as timeless, graceful. (TW15) We are also told in the same chapter that the river can be heard close by.

You'll remember this sign from the movie-- they recreated it

June 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
OMG!! That's so awesome!
June 1st, 2009, 05:58 PM
The town is LITERALLY obsessed with Twilight. Everything, down to the food at stores, coffee, signs, posters, homes, everything is Twilight related

Shopping at Thriftway- its connected to the Outfitters, where Bella works (well worked before, you know)

They sell the books everywhere-- this is of course at the Thriftway, multiple times

Twilight food

And then we made Edward Cinnamon Rolls

I made this for the trip around town

June 1st, 2009, 06:13 PM
Is this familiar?

The MAP-- locations from everyone that visits Forks, at the Visitors Center

We went into the woods to recreate scenes-- my dh is the absoloute best. He's very Team Jacob (in fact we have a half wolf/half Husky puppy now named Chief Jacob Vampire Killer, which he named before reading Breaking Dawn but whatever)

This is "Edward's" Leap and throwing tree trunks, recreating "As if you could out run me, As if you could fight me off"

I"ll have to tell him-- he cant read my mind

Clint forgot that, um Edward doesnt bite

Yes its JUST as SM describes it

Around Crystal lake, towards Port Angeles

My packing-- this was all I needed

Video entering Clallam County

Stopping at the Forks Port Angeles sign

Port Angeles Sign

Driving through town the first night, you can hear us crying and FREAKING out. Its kinda funny, you can tell we are incredible Twihard dorks. Shannon ended up buying an Edward Cutout, and had pictures taken with him in her wedding dress before her wedding. You would think we were in heaven watching this. Notice the song playing too

Searching for Red Apples in the Thriftway-- Shannon almost throws it at my foot to see if I have Edward reflexes

At the Outfitters-- looks like a camping store, huh!

Pulling up at the sign, the very first second we pulled into town

June 1st, 2009, 06:46 PM
La Push Baby. Its-- La Push. We only went cause he stopped saying that

Hmmmm Dogs in La Push!

Um we recreated the baseball scene-- this is my JASPER FACE!

You have to drink hot drinks from a paper bag

And eat Red Vines

Jacob's House-- they painted it after fans kept coming by

Hike to Second Beach to see Tidepools-- its a grueling hike and Bella never would have made it

I thought Second Beach was much prettier

Peering over rocks to the Tidepools

BONFIRE!!

Driftwood fires dont do as Mike described so we had to make it sparkle

Hmm Wonder who they support on the Rez?

June 1st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Conners Mommie +2's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You are tooooo lucky to go on that trip! i wish i could have gone....funds and husband wouldn't allow it! your're also very lucky to have a DH that is so into it as you are! thanks for sharing all this wonderful stuff with us!!! keep 'em coming

June 1st, 2009, 07:00 PM
Just local scenery

Local tribal art

June 1st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Port Angeles

Boardwalk

I cried every single day of this trip-- Bella Italia is what did it this day

Clint is giving me the "you are insane" look

Laying out my movie tickets while we wait for food-- I ended up seeing it in theaters 18 times

Mushroom Ravioli

Umm "Edward" I'm out of coke. Give me yours

Searching for books about local tribes

I really am reading, this isnt posed

OK this one is posed-- trying to get the quote and his shirt at the same time

BWHAHAHAH!!!

THE alley

Got Clint to rescue me

June 1st, 2009, 07:18 PM
Where we stayed-- used to say Edward Cullen didnt sleep here

Bridge over Calawah

We envisioned this to be the River Bella jumps

High School

there they are!!

June 1st, 2009, 08:14 PM

The "Cullen" house in town, just a local B&B that lets them take tours and call it the Cullen House. Everyday "Esme" leaves a note to visitors

On the plane, this cracked me up

June 1st, 2009, 08:32 PM

Bella's house

June 2nd, 2009, 07:45 PM
(.Y.)mom2dd(.Y.)
Lauren?!!?!?! Those are so awesome! What a wicket trip! I still have that song in my head from yesterday (Jasper playing.)

I just finished reading the whole series again.. I was wondering how many times have you ladies read Twilight?
June 2nd, 2009, 07:48 PM
Read it? I literally have no idea. I have about 5 copies of all the books, I lend them out often and have them all around the house. I have all the books on audio as well, and I listen to them on the way to and from work, so I listen to Twilight, go to New Moon... then after BD is over, I start back over

I've heard/read them at least over 100 times now and I dont think thats probably even accurate. I read in the bathtub every night, no matter which I"m listening to in the car, I have one in my purse at all times and read at the doctor. I dont know that I can count actual read throughs-- I just read or listen to random parts all the time

Yep thats me and Clint in Forks!

Michelle which is your favorite book? Fave character?

Breaking Dawn hands down for me

Jasper for male, Renesmee for female

June 2nd, 2009, 08:34 PM
Fan of learning
Send a message via Yahoo to One Frugal Mom
Oh my.... that would be like my own dream vacation!

Just.... wow.... I am SO jealous! LOL You all look like you had a great time!
June 2nd, 2009, 09:34 PM
It really is cheap to go there, I promise. I got a cheaper flight because Shan had a family connection in airlines, but the stay is super cheap. We had an old apartment converted to hotel so it had kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, like 1000 square feet for SO cheap

Almost everything you go see is free, renting a car is about it and thats not much if you split it

I know tons of people go in Sept for Stephenie Meyer day, of course for Bella's birthday. If you want to go then, I'm probably going and always looking to make it cheaper!

A few pics from last year

The Twilightmom and other fans gathering-- I saw this picture hanging in the visitors center too!

The visitors were also incredibly blessed to see a real Quileute ceremony, never allowed to be filmed before

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search