What bands/artists have you seen in concert?

Forum: Entertainment

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Entertainment LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Who've you seen in concert and how many times/where?

What was the all-time best?

August 21st, 2011, 08:30 PM
MommaOnCloud9's Avatar Mommy of 3!
I haven't been to too many concerts. To me, most artists/bands aren't worth the price and crowd headache of seeing them live.

I've seen Janet Jackson twice and she is AWESOME! She sings, dances, and performs.

I went to a few concerts in MS/HS - inclucing NKOTB - but nothing memorable.

I would have killed to see MJ in concert.
August 22nd, 2011, 01:27 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I've been to a ton but none recently, I would say my favorite would have had to been Christina Agularia not for the concert but it was my most memorial because it was my first without parents and with a friend
August 22nd, 2011, 06:52 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I used to go more than I do now, now I tend to just reserve it for favourite bands/artists.

I've seen: Wet Wet Wet x 2, Bryan Adams x 2, Simply Red, Madness, Dodgy, Oasis, Ocean Colour Scene x 2, The Bootleg Beatles, Black Grape, The Strokes, Terrorvision, James x 2, Pulp x 2, Take That x 12, Robbie Williams x 6, Mark Owen x 3, The Supernaturals x 2, The Divine Comedy, The Pet Shop Boys, James Brown, Chicks on Speed, D:Ream, Lulu, Madonna, Damien Rice, David Gray, James Blunt, The Foo Fighters, Metallica, Genesis, Razorlight, The Pussycat Dolls, Spinal Tap, The Runners, The Red Hot Chili Beans, Red Hot Chili Peppers x 7, New Kids On The Block x 3, M-People...Some of these were full concerts, some as support acts and some at festivals such as Live Earth and there will be more I've seen in such capacities and forgotten about.

The best concert I've ever been to was a Red Hot Chili Peppers concert in a tiny venue in London for which you had to win tickets in 2006. It was amazing to see such a big band, and my band for life, in such an intimate venue, so close that I could feel the bass and share smiles with the band, playing a mixture of their new album tracks and old classics. That was an amazing night with a fantastic atmosphere and very few people behaving in such a way to spoil it for anyone. I don't think it can ever be topped, unless I get to see my favourite musician, ex-Pepper John Frusciante, play an intimate solo show someday.

Other greats have been the first Bryan Adams concert I went to - he is AMAZING live and we were sat at the back and he did a small set of old songs right at the back which was REALLY cool - and the last Take That concerts I went to just this year - with the five reunited and playing old and new songs and some of their solo songs as well - and they had this really cool HUGE robot which did various things in various songs that was such a spectacle.

Seeing Metallica, The Foos, The Bootleg Beatles and James in concert were also amazing experiences - such great bands and James are one of my favourites. Best surprise was The Runners - a relatively unknown band playing a support slot who I LOVED - and worst surprise was Oasis - they were rubbish, even though I love their studio stuff!

August 22nd, 2011, 04:00 PM
lovemyboysandabbey2's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to lovemyboysandabbey2 Send a message via Yahoo to lovemyboysandabbey2
Ihave seen Bon Jovi 7 times..(Love him)
NKOTB
Ryan Cabrera
Jessica Simpson
Lenny Kravitz
Garth Brooks
Smashing Pumpkins

August 22nd, 2011, 07:27 PM
i:heart:you's Avatar Super Moderator
I haven't been to a concert in forever. When I was younger I went to NKOTB and took dd to see Jonas Brothers a few years ago. I guess the best one would have been Madonna about 7 or 8 years ago. That was an awesome show.

**Thank you Bokkechick for my awesome siggy**
August 29th, 2011, 07:42 AM
joey_emmysmommy's Avatar Super Mommy
I have been to tons of concerts. Me and dh use to go to a music fest here in houston. There is like 18 bands and we go twice a year.
Big names have been like Papa Roach, Seether, Puddle of Mudd. Smaching Pumpkins, Jane's Addiction, Fall out Boy, SHine Down, Alice in Chains, There are a ton of others too.
Most memerable though there are a couple saw Papa Roach in a little bar in Nasa and that was awesome there was less the 150 people it was great.
Rob Zombie / White Zombie, Godsmack and Deftones. Those were awesome They are all great in concert.

The group that sounds better live is Trapt they are absolutly by far the best group to hear live they don't put on much of a show but they sound better live then they do even on the cd or radio

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search