Some random thoughts

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 31st, 2008, 09:19 AM
4boys
Well, according to my ticker I am due Wednesday, which is the ultrasound date. According to my LMP I am due Friday. And according to my long cycles and when I think we may have conceived, I am due the 10th, which is next Thursday. So I'm not really sure what to go by, but I am defaulting to just NOT expecting this baby to be born this week. I am starting to get impatient. I didn't think I would this time because I am still feeling so good and don't have any complaints, other than my pelvis aches more all the time.

There are SO many babies arriving in the April DDC but I would say nearly all of them are inductions or scheduled C-sections. It bothers me that people make comments like, "Well, as long as he/she arrives safely then it doesn't matter how they come." I don't think that the risks of C-sections or inductions are common knowledge. And of course if I said something I'd be shunned. But anyways, with all these babies arriving, I feel kind of alone in the fact that I am waiting until I go naturally and that may not be for another 2 weeks or more. By then I will be the last to give birth!

I was also starting to get nervous about my home birth. I have everything ready and there is no reason it shouldn't go as planned but I started to remember how terribly painful my other births were and get scared. But then I read a quote somewhere that said "If you believe in something, be absolutely fearless. I don't see any reason to be afraid." And I think that's true. I believe in home birth and natural birth to be the best and safest thing for everyone involved so then there's no reason to be scared. Just thought I'd share that.

My midwife is off call this week and possibly on family leave for an undetermined amount of time because I think her mother is very sick and possibly dying. So that is sad for her, but a little unnerving for me that she may not be able to attend my birth. However, hopefully this week I will see one of her co-midwives and there will still be two available to come over if I go into labor. And there's no reason why a change of personnel would affect my birth plan, right?

That's where I'm at right now. I just needed to collect all of that and put it somewhere and I thought here I would get the most understanding! Thanks for listening if you made it this far! I have been so inspired by the ladies who've had home births on this board and I hope that I can add my success story in the next week or two.
March 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad to hear you are feeling well! You are right to feel unease with all the early birthers on your ddc board. I remember feeling the same way.
I love the quote about being fearless! You'll be great!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
March 31st, 2008, 01:22 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The last few weeks are filled with such a mix of emotions, aren't they? I am sure you are going to have a beautiful home birth and I can't wait to hear your story. It sounds like your midwife has a great back up plan in her absence, too. I was due at the end of September and had my baby in mid-October, but it was totally worth the wait even though I was the last to deliver.

March 31st, 2008, 03:30 PM
becky76's Avatar Veteran
I frequently browse the posts in the April DDC but rarely post. I agree that its hard to see women so excited about having an induction before their due dates are even here, especially because dates can be off.

I feel as you do though, I believe in giving birth at home and letting things come naturally as long as there are no complications during pregnancy. I believe in my body and my baby to know when the time is right.

Thanks for posting your thoughts! Wishing you all the best.

Becky

March 31st, 2008, 04:12 PM
4boys
Becky, you should post more!! LOL

Thanks for the responses girls. Your encouragement helps a lot.
April 1st, 2008, 08:33 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
((HUGS)) Erin!!! I'm due this Friday (if you go by conception), Sunday if you go by the ultrasound, or Monday if you go by my midwife's calculations... but I know that realistically, I could also have a couple more weeks. Sometimes I feel the same way you do Erin.... its hard to read about all the early births in our DDC. I know what I'm planning is best and safest for me and my baby, but of course I go through times where I'm just soooo over being pregnant and want to give birth NOW. I just have to remind myself that baby will come when he/she is ready, and not a moment too soon.

I'm also having some fearful thoughts about my homebirth. Ok so maybe not of the actual home birth, I have complete faith in my body, my DH, my midwives and my support team... but I think I have fear of the unknown. I'd have the same fears if I was in a hospital or a birthing center (plus a lot more probably, just because I was there, LOL). I'm trying to work through some of my apprehensions and nervousness. But I know that I won't get "over" them until I'm holding my sweet baby in my arms... but then of course, I'll have nervousness and apprehensions about being the mom to three little ones (and I think those fears are a lot more right now!). Anyways, I know where you are coming from, and I'm glad we have this board to share our feelings!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
April 1st, 2008, 08:54 AM
4boys
Thanks Christine! I guess we'll both be last to deliver in the DDC...but at least we can be in it together!
April 2nd, 2008, 08:55 AM
Super Mommy
i am sure you will have a safe and happy homebirth.

I know what you mean about the DDC. They are so excited to have an early baby and will even ask their Doc for an induction. My June DDC is no different. They are all ready to be strapped down and have thier babies delivered. It is a very sad and opressive enviorment. the few times I speak up I am often given the "why do you want to endanger your baby's life" line or the "as long as the baby is healthy". We know having a baby forcibally 3 weeks early does not make a healthy baby but a skinny and week baby.

You will do great and feaar is natural. Once you are in labor you body will take over. I am sure you will do wonderfully.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

April 2nd, 2008, 10:34 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ACK! I typed a long response and then lost it.

Anyway, to summarize - I'm sure everything is going to be great, and I can't wait to meet baby boy #4.
April 5th, 2008, 06:52 PM
Super Mommy
I'm around on the April board here and there, and I have to admit I though I was the only one going for a natural Home birth! My first was a water birth at home and it was awesome, I want to have another one this time around. I'm due April 17th, so we'll see when it happens. I am waaay more nervous this time around. I don't know if I just have more anxious hormones or what. I worry that I will "lose it" and not be able to handle the labor for some reason, even though I did really well last time. I am still commited to all natural home birth though, and I can't understand why those ladies jump at the chance to be induced or believe that they need an "emergency" c-section scheduled 3 weeks in advance!!
Melissa
April 5th, 2008, 08:34 PM
4boys
There are actually quite a few on the April board having home births...I know of Twinkle, Jenny, erinjacob and Alison88 (I think). Plus you and Becky76 who replied to this thread. Maybe we need to post more often over there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search