Midwife Home visit today

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 18th, 2008, 11:41 AM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Well because I'm a procrastinator and the midwives are easy-going and allow me to procrastinate I had been putting off many things and now it seems like there is a whirlwind of activity trying to get this homebirth going!

Which is kinda nice in a way... because it feels good that it's getting close enough that I can start all this preperation!!!

So on Monday I had my ultrasound, to make sure my marginal cord insertion was ok and had not turned into a velamentous insertion. I also had an appointment with a family doctor that delivers at the local hospital by me, as she will be the one to deliver me if there is an emergency and I have to be transported to the hospital. (My local hospital does not have resident OBs)

Both appointments went well.. and even though the doctor was doctor-y.. lol... she really was quite nice and a bit more midwife-y then most doctors I have met...

On Wednesday was my regular midwife appointment... I started getting regular BHs the whole 1 hour ride there kinda simmered down once I was in with the midwife so I mentioned it very off-hand and then got really intense and painful the whole car ride home and for the next few hours I would go from not having them for like 30min - 1 hour to having them every 2 min for a few hours... At around 8pm (when they had been going on and off for 10 hours) I gave my midwife a call as a heads up. Never had to call her back because 2 hours later they were gone...

My midwife called me yesterday and suggested that since she would be in town the next day (today) she would like to do my home visit then and also check me and see if those contractions had been doing anything...

So she came by this morning and checked me and I am about 3-4 cm.... Baby is currently at a -3 station but from my descriptions, she believes that baby has been bouncing between a -1 and -3 for a few days! This is exactly how it felt to me.. I just didn't know if that was possible...

She is also very excited about the home birth... She was looking around my house and mentioning how perfect it was!! Hehe that made me happy because though my house doesn't look great right now (we have so many half-finish decorating projects) I really love the potential it has!! and I also believe that my bedroom is perfect!! (I have 4 big wndows that let in a nice breeze and a balcony right off of the bedroom... it will be so nice to be able to go sit there when I am sore from giving birth...

Wow this is getting so real.. and when I was making the decision of a home birth it just seemed alien and scary to me... Now it feels like the most amazing natural thing to do and I just can't believe that I ever believed that the hospital may be more comfortable!! Now I just have to make sure not to talk to my mom between now and the birth so I don't get her negativity stuck in my head. (She comments that it's my choice but she wouldn't feel comfortable with it.. and when I try telling her more about how I researched about it etc... she just cuts me off and doesn't listen to me and just says "whatever" it's so frustrating!!!)
April 18th, 2008, 12:07 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Oh yuck, good choice to avoid conversations with your mother! You don't need that at all..
Glad to hear how well everything went I know exactly what you mean, I can't imagine how I ever thought I'd be more "comfortable" in a hospital. I wouldn't feel comfortable in a hospital at ALL and I'm just glad the option for home birth is there.

You're going to have a camera ready when the time comes right? I've heard so many instances where women regret not letting people take pictures, I'm not guna let that be me!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
April 18th, 2008, 12:37 PM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
I'm gonna have my camera ready but I doubt I will have much pictures... Dh is horrible at taking pictures.. he will click once for every time I TELL him to take a picture... and me .. well I'll be a bit busy... maybe I can get my midwife to take pictures.. *shrug*

I was thinking of setting up my camera on a tripod since I have a little remote control for it... but I'd have no way of knowing if it was really at a nice angle... Maybe I can experiment with it! lol
April 18th, 2008, 12:46 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Wow a remote for your camera! That's cool I want that lol. I would just tell him to take a new picture like every 10 minutes, or if something big happens just CLICK CLICK CLICK. That's what they tell us in yearbook: the key to getting good pics is to just fill the roll (or the memory) and maybe you get 10 awesome pics out of 400 taken. lol. It's worth it though!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search