We're thinking of taking out a loan...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 26th, 2008, 01:43 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
So since we don't have all much time left until the big day, and could possibly have even less than we anticipate, Mike and I are looking into taking out a loan. Neither of us have done anything like this, but I've heard it's hard to not be denied... Mike couldn't even get approved for our bank's credit card because of no credit history.

Does anyone have any help or suggestions for us? It's a small amount to a bank but a huge amount to us.. What are they going to base their answer off of? And honestly do you ladies think it's even worth it?? I mean, we sure do, especially since it's doubtful we'll have the cash upfront in time. But I need some opinions/tips here.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
April 27th, 2008, 08:45 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish I could help...but honestly, I let DH handle *all* of our financial stuff and would have no idea where to start making any suggestions. I hope someone here can offer some insight, though. Hugs to you, I know it's stressful to even consider!
May 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM
littlebabydolly
Could a relative front you the money? Thats kind of what happened to us with our wedding when the grandparents backed out. We had to ask another relative to help us out asap!
May 7th, 2008, 02:45 PM
Tash's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Tash
Sometimes you can get a credit card that has an anual fee, and a high rate as a first timer, if you are sure to pay if off each month, it shouldn't be a problem. This is also a good way t get your credit started, just put gas on it and pay it off right away. You will be off to a good start, and don't cancel the card, even with a zero balance, for your first card,, the longer you have it the better it will look.

http://www.credit.com/products/credi.../sub-prime.jsp there are a few with apr under 10 and a lower annual fee.

i think if you can get a family member to co sign, you might be abble to get a loan?

May 8th, 2008, 12:25 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
I've had credit for over a year now but since our move I had a hard time paying on time until we got the net, so I can't imagine how good it is right now. My husband JUST got approved for his first card like a couple months ago and he can't even be approved for our bank's credit card. Nobody will co-sign and I can't get a credit line higher than 1,000 and I already closed that account out anyway, and that isn't even half of what we need.

With that said, we've already told my midwife that we won't be doing a homebirth. If it was a matter of choice I'd just find someone else, but EVERY single midwife here charges $3,000 minimum. I stressed and got mini depressed over it and decided it was best for me at this point to just admit defeat and NOT let myself STRESS. I hope I did the right thing though

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 8th, 2008, 10:17 AM
littlebabydolly
It sounds great you may be getting a doula though. That may be all you need anyways! I wouldn't know, but wouldn't midwifes pro-rate you just to do a birth and not prenatal care since you are so far along? I know you had a hard time finding one in the first place though, right? Even here in the Bay Area there was only 3-5 major well known midwifes around to do births on my side of the bay. I wish midwives weren't such slim pickings.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search