Alright, so I guess I won't be having a home birth

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 30th, 2008, 02:07 PM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Brandi - If it goes the way my midwife assisted horpital birth went, you will love it... It was just like a home birth (I never saw a doctor... and the only time I saw a nurse was when the midwife checked me in and when I left the room with my baby and they all said congratulations to me!!)

The room was nice, I had a nice jacuzzi tub to labour in (which is something I don't have at home) and there was a rocking chair there that my sister got to sit on and rock her new niece to sleep in when Elyssa was just about an hour old!!

Another thing you can do is see if you can do early release, I was able to go home about 3-4 hours after I gave birth!

If I could have had the same experience in this town I'm currently in I would have gone with the same thing again because I knew it worked for me... but unfortunately the midwifery practice I am seeing is still fighting to get hospital priviledges, so I would have to have shared care with a doctor and the midwife would be nothing but a doula... so for me Home birth was the better option!
April 30th, 2008, 04:11 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Aw well that sounds like a fair compromise, like Vero said I am sure it will be no less an amazing experience! I hope that regardless of location you still get exactly the birth you want. I am having to give up my home birth too, but because we can't afford it in the time we have left. I am hopefully going to REALLY try and get a doula instead to accompany me and be there for me in the hospital. My husband is going to be a wreck and lord knows I am going to need ALL the support I can get, and I'm not a fan of nurses and doctors that I especially don't know.

Be sure to let us know how your first appointment goes

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 1st, 2008, 12:53 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
That is true! I think keeping your OB appointment is a good idea too. You both can take each experience and compare/contrast them. Hopefully that will help convince him about what is best for you. Some people are just too hung up on thinking that strict medical professionals are the better way to go, but it's mostly out of fear. I'm sure that getting these two drastic perspectives will help him though.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 1st, 2008, 06:35 PM
chlodoll
My SIL and a good friend of mine both had midwife assisted births and they both loved their experiences. They were also able to leave the hospital after only 3-4 hours. They just need to see that baby is latching well if you are nursing.
May 2nd, 2008, 08:49 AM
Super Mommy
Just be careful of the mini-ob. They say they are midwives but they push just as many interventions as the docs.

Mom to boys: G 7, C 5, K 4, N 3

May 4th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
Quote:
Just be careful of the mini-ob. They say they are midwives but they push just as many interventions as the docs.[/b]

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search