Birthing outfit ?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 27th, 2008, 05:22 PM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
What do you plan on wearing during labor. i labored mostly at home with DD and i was butt naked lol. i was so hot and irritable having cloths on was a nusiance. I was thinking with this labor i will wearing something loose fitting (sarong or tub dress). And then probably before the delivery is over i will be naked.

Me - Daynuh

May 27th, 2008, 05:59 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wore a sports bra and a pair of DH's elastic waist shorts.

May 27th, 2008, 06:12 PM
littlebabydolly
I might have a sports bra or maybe loose fitting short and sleeveless nightie handy. If the mood strikes me, I guess I'll be naked as a jay bird!
May 27th, 2008, 08:08 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
I'm not sure what I'm going to wear anymore, I don't want a gown and I don't want to be naked either, so I'm going to try to wear something of my own! I don't even own a sports bra anymore

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
May 28th, 2008, 04:03 AM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
I wore a dress that is meant to be worn over a bathing suit!

I bought it just for labour and it was perfect! The waist line was just under my bust and the rest flowed away from my body and the really revealing neckline made it super easy to breasfeed!! I felt nicely covered during most of labour and had no garments to remove when I needed to be checked or when it came time to push!!

For me it was more comfortable then my other birth (that I did naked! )
May 28th, 2008, 07:02 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
whatever I have on when the time comes. I had on jean capris and a tank with my youngest daughter until it was time to push.
#12 is on the way
May 28th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Lonomia
In the tub I will be naked but for walking around the house I am thinking of getting a loose, flowy cotton nightgown (tank top style). It will keep me cool and if it gets wet it will dry quickly.
May 28th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I wore a t-shirt and pajama pants until I got into the water. In the water I wore just a tank top, but I had it pulled up so it looked like a sports bra

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

May 28th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Super Mommy
I have a two-piece swimdress, similar to a tankini but more flowy I plan to where the top while in labor.

Earn free Amazon gift cards with SWAGBUCKS!

May 28th, 2008, 09:46 PM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I went into labor late at night, so I had on pajamas, and from the video & pics it wasnt the cutest set either lol. I think it was a white tshirt with black pants with hot pink flowers on them lol.

Eventually I got checked, and there went the pants. I got into the tub & there went the shirt. I ended up having her in just a bra lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
May 29th, 2008, 05:19 AM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I'm a birth stripper. Clothes come off a little at a time for me. I plan to wear my tankini top (which actually comes down to my mid-thighs (it was custom made for me and that's how I wanted it) if I get in the birth tub. Who knows if that will stay on or come off.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

May 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM
JackieRose's Avatar Member
Quote:
I wore a dress that is meant to be worn over a bathing suit!

I bought it just for labour and it was perfect! The waist line was just under my bust and the rest flowed away from my body and the really revealing neckline made it super easy to breasfeed!! I felt nicely covered during most of labour and had no garments to remove when I needed to be checked or when it came time to push!!

For me it was more comfortable then my other birth (that I did naked! )[/b]
I was just planning on wearing a sports bra and I was still unsure about what i was going to wear for shorts/pants but I figured whatever it was would have to come off in the water anyways. But, I hate being naked and I am super modest and I know I could not be naked!

But that bathing suit cover up sounds like a great idea...I guess I have more clothes planning to do hehe

<span style="color:#4B0082"><div align="center">Waiting for my baby girl to come, August 30th!!</div></span>
<div align="center"></div>
May 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM
Super Mommy
I'm a free-bird when it comes to being at home! Hell, I'm half naked now! haha. (sorry--tmi) I hate wearing clothes around the house--so I assume I'll probably be naked, or maybe wearing a nice loose tank top or something. The baithing suit cover-up sounds like a good idea!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0ruUTi/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search