Is HomeBirth possible with Twins?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2008, 04:26 PM
Willowkarr's Avatar Coupon Blogger
My midwife thinks I may be having twins, that one might be hiding. Hopefully we'll find out for sure on the 27th, but I was wondering if HB is still possible if we are having twins. Really it is the Lotus Birth that means more to me than a HB, but hospitals won't allow me to do a Lotus Birth.....I have researched HB for almost 2 years now, because Jenni was supposed to be born at home, but DH chickened out, but out of all of that research, I can't say that I remember seeing anywhere about HB w/ twins. Any info?
June 6th, 2008, 04:47 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend just delivered her twins at home a few weeks ago. This is her blog if you'd like to read about her journey: http://babyhayes5.blogspot.com/
June 6th, 2008, 06:11 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've read tons of stories about twins born at home, so it's definitely do-able. And how exciting for you - I can't wait to hear an update on the 27th!
June 6th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Oh thanx for that link, I'm checking it out right now! I am so happy to hear that it is do-able! I was almost dreading twins just because I didn't think it could be done at home. I have always wanted twins though, I can't wait to find out for sure. I will most definately let you know what I find out on the 27th. Any other stories GREATLY appreciated!!!
June 7th, 2008, 11:38 AM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
you bet it is! watch this! it's freakin sweet, all about multiples!
June 7th, 2008, 12:30 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I know women that have homebirthed twins both with a midwife and also unassisted.

Anything is possible.

June 7th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I know several people who homebirthed twins both with a midwife and unassisted.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 8th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
We'll be UCing twins if we're ever blessed with them. I think the story mentioned above was really quite amazing. It was pretty much the most "dangerous" set you can have-a breech baby A and head-down baby B-apparently their chins can get locked...anyways, that story just gave me that much more confidence!

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 9th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Aww shadow, that page "Has been denied access" from my school, grrr.....
June 9th, 2008, 04:48 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
We'll be UCing twins if we're ever blessed with them. I think the story mentioned above was really quite amazing. It was pretty much the most "dangerous" set you can have-a breech baby A and head-down baby B-apparently their chins can get locked...anyways, that story just gave me that much more confidence![/b]
Yes, it could have been a very different outcome if things hadn't lined up perfectly for her little ones. She had a previous UC birth but this one she knew from early on, even before she found out that she was having twins that she would need different support with this birth. She mentioned that delivering a breech, especially footing was an entirely different experience because her body didn't react in the same way as when she birthed her vertex baby. I just wanted to clarify that these weren't UC births, I totally missed that in the original post.
June 9th, 2008, 05:33 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Oh yeah, I guess I should have mentioned that too. I read her stuff on another site also and remember her saying she felt led to seek care. Which is exactly how I feel too, you will just know that you need help! Amazing story.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 10th, 2008, 11:03 AM
shadowdweller's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Aww shadow, that page "Has been denied access" from my school, grrr.....[/b]
lame!
well, it's a photo montage, women who have 'defied the odds' and had natural births with multiples. the text directly addresses the myths about multiple births (always a c/s, not if multiples are your first, not by vbac, multiples are always early, blah blah blah). it's pretty cool. 22 vaginal twin births, some in the hospital, some at home, some unattended, and even some with 'complications' that often result in a c/s with singles- hbac, preemies, a single footling/double footling set, a couple other breech babies, one to an 'advanced maternal age' mama with high bp. the last birth is a home waterbirth of triplets!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search