Homebirth supplies ?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 16th, 2008, 08:08 AM
booboobunny's Avatar mzdee
When do you plan on getting them and how much are willing to pay for all of it ?

I am planning an UC at home water birth. I think i'm going to get the pool first (August). And then the rest of the stuff in October since i'm not due until December. I hoping to keep my cost down to the minimum. I don't want to spend no more than $300.00 or less for everything. I think that is reasonable.

Me - Daynuh

June 16th, 2008, 10:18 AM
CTK3989's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, total, I spent $40. I haven't planned on doing a water birth but if it happens, it will be in my tub/shower. I am also doing a UC and I just bought what I thought I would need:

Chux pads
Plastic Backed Sheets for the bed
Cord Clamps
Foot Printer
Scale
Herbal Afterbirth Bath

I already have old towels and all that so I didn't have to spend too much money. The bulk of it will probably be the pool for you.

June 17th, 2008, 07:06 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
With Ele I think the only thing I bought was a new pair of white shoelaces to tie her cord.

This time I'm going to get a couple of cheap shower curtains for the floor and buy some cheap white towels (that way I can see fluid color). I'm also going to buy new white shoelaces again because I really hate cord clamps (they always end up poking the baby). And I'm going to buy a fish scale. I think thats all. So maybe like $50?

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
July 2nd, 2008, 02:01 AM
Novietaaa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I've spent uh.. Nothing?

Homebirths are common in the Netherlands. Every woman gets a whole box with everything you need for a homebirth from their health care provider (which is obligatory by law over here, so basically every woman just gets it).

</div>
July 2nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I had to pay $50

$35 was for supplies and $15 was for the pool rental from my midwife. I got mine at my 36 week appointment.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

July 6th, 2008, 09:38 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I paid $40 (which included shipping) for all the birth supplies - Chux pads, gloves, nasal aspirator, cord clamp, etc. etc. My midwife already had her kit set up online, so that was easy. Then I paid $37 plus shipping for my pool - so it was less than $100 for everything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search