I'm NOT looking forward to this...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 22nd, 2008, 06:55 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tomorrow afternoon is my first OB/GYN visit since having Amelia. And I'm soooo not looking forward to it. For the obvious reasons, of course, but also for the confession I'll have to make! I just really don't want to get into a debate with him about having my baby at home, you know?

Any BTDT mamas - how was your first visit after your home birth?
June 23rd, 2008, 11:44 PM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
Aw good luck Kristin! I hope you don't need it though. Obviously I'm not a BTDT but if it were me I'd just work on not letting him get a negative word in. Just cut him off if it sounds like he's starting to give you crap.

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
June 24th, 2008, 12:19 AM
LaLa's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I went the day of the birth - and my OB was cool. But had we knew ahead of time he WOULDNT be cool with it - well i wouldnt have gone for a follow up appt. lol.

Lala...

My BBT Chart

DEBT PAY DOWN!!!
Baby Step #1 DONE ($1k in ER savings!)

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/debt/wRzFQue/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
June 24th, 2008, 03:05 AM
^RaineDrop^'s Avatar Summer Raine is 1 YR OLD!
Send a message via AIM to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via MSN to ^RaineDrop^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^RaineDrop^
lol well at least that's one worry you don't need anymore! I'd feel so relieved. I think my OB wanted to see me about now too, 2 weeks and 6 weeks, I think? Oh well I just plain don't feel like going in.. I have to get up too early to go see her!

MY HOME WATER BIRTH WAS AMAZING

www.momentsbyheather.com
June 24th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Butter's Avatar Heather the Mama Duk
I see my midwife for well woman stuff so I've never had to worry about an OB having an issue with my homebirths.

~Heather, wife to Jamie (15 years; June 5, 1998) and mom to
Ani - 14 (February 15, 2000), Cameron - 12 (October 3, 2001),
Fritz - 7 (July 11, 2006), and Adrian - 5 (June 19, 2008)
Smaller on the Outside

June 24th, 2008, 06:58 PM
4boys
I saw my regular doc last week for something else and I mentioned to her that I'd had a home birth. She looked a bit surprised but didn't say a word about it. I thought that was cool. It made me like her more.
June 25th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I don't use an OB/GYN for anything either. My family doctor takes care of that stuff- and attends my homebirths too.

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
July 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hmm, I don't even know if my midwife does well woman stuff...I'll have to ask her. I've pretty much kept with the OB religiously because I have a family history of ovarian cancer and know that one is hard to detect. My dad's mom died in her early 50s and I don't want to... But he told me that since it was on dad's side of the family that I have nothing to worry about...

Anyway. He was completely fine with the home birth. He asked if I had had prenatal and postnatal care (of course) and then pretty much said 'good for you for making an informed decision'!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search