Birth Pool

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 18th, 2008, 08:30 AM
Mother
I'm looking at pools and then I see that you buy liners and pumps and this and that all separately and it's getting pretty expensive! What is unnecessary? What IS necessary? I don't want to buy something thinking I'll need it but then not use it. I'm not sure what is really needed. Just the tub and water? LOL!
July 18th, 2008, 08:54 AM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
All that is needed would be a hose or bucket to fill the pool, and a garden hose or bucket to empty the pool. Getting the other stuff can be nice to have and make for an easy and quicker process but it is deffinately not needed.

We filled my pool up with buckets of water and my midwife brought a pump to empty it, but if she didn't have it, we would have just used the garden hose to syphon the water out.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

July 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I bought the La Bassine for my home water birth. We used a new hose to fill and the garden hose to empty via gravity. What didn't get out just got sopped up with towels. I did buy some iodine pads to sterilize it after use and before putting it away. I just sold my birth pool to a midwife. So, if you get one, you can always sell it afterwards to help with the cost. Here's where I got my supplies:
http://www.yourwaterbirth.com/labassine.shtml
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
July 18th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I recommend the pump. Getting the water out can be kind of icky otherwise. My husband was pretty grossed out even using the pump, I can't imagine if he didn't have one!

SciGuy,14 Butterfly Girl,12 Wyldchild,7 FlowerFairy,5 and Babybird,3

and RK, 13, exchange student from Japan

My Homeschooling Blog:
July 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll have to go to a home improvement store to buy adapters for your sink to fit the garden hose. We got an adapter for our shower head, which was convenient for us. Most midwives who do lots of water births have their own adapters you can borrow.

Oh, and not all birth water is gross. My first birth there was lots of blood in it so it looked like a blood bath but my second two the water was clear as can be after the birth...so not always gross.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
July 19th, 2008, 07:17 PM
Mother
Ok thanks ladies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search