Got my birth record from having Alissa.... xposted

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2008, 10:18 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
First of all it says I weighted 310 pounds postpartum and I weighted 190 a few days after I had her! How did that get on there! I couldn't believe that 310! It says station +1 I thought they said +2. They saw her head and hair. They said I had celpho-pelvic disproportion but if I got to station plus one or two is it still possible to have CPD? It doesn't make sense. I think I have fairly big hips. Well, there are a few more things on there that aren't true. They said my water didn't break and it did @ 6CM dilated. They said it was still intact during the c-section. They said they gave me pitocin @ 6CM and they gave it to me @ 4CM. The doc. said she was going to take a nap and I wasn't dilating fast enough. I did dilate a CM in an hour. She just wanted to sleep. I remember arguing with her. I didn't want the pitocin @ only 4CM or @ anytime. Anyway, they gave me an epidural @ 7.5 CM and said they shouldn't it's too late but did it anyway. I pushed for 2 hours and she was posterior or sunny side up. They said I pushed too long. But in the repost it says failure to progress. To me this report sounds contradicting. I hope my midwife sees that. Tomorrow I have an appointment with my midwife. I look like a liar compared to this birth report. I hope I don't get denied a home birth because of "celpho-pelvic disproportion" and being "310" pounds the report said I gained 135 pounds! No way! I had Hyperemesis gravidarum that pregnancy. Another thing is during the operation, my bp and pulse dropped. The anesthesiologists gave me afederan? SP? I think I was going into cardiac arrest. They didn't say anything but I saw a worried look on his face and I saw my bp drop so scary. That's one of the reasons I'm having a home birth VBAC. I'm really scared of dying from a hospital/c-sec. birth.

August 13th, 2008, 07:30 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh my goodness! That's a LOT of discrepancies. How did your appointment with your midwife go? Most midwives are very willing to sit down and discuss things with you...I hope you went over all of the errors with her and she understands what really happened. And I hope you get the birth that you want this time. Let us know what happened!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search