Introduction

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 9th, 2008, 11:18 AM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
Hello, I'm Elisa and I'm pregnant with my fourth baby due on March 18, 2009. I'm 36, soon to be 37 and have three daughters, ages 18, 16 and 11.

My first baby was born in the hospital and while I can't say it was a horrible experience it wasn't comfortable on multiple levels. With my next one I looked around for some alternatives and found a midwife who gave me all of my pre-natal care but due to insurance reasons I had to deliver in the same hospital as the first, I had a little better experience that time (mostly due to the fact that her birth was so quick and I waited as long as possible to go). When I was pregnant with my third I went back to my midwife and was able to have her care for me and deliver me at her in-home clinic. What a wonderful experience! The biggest baby by far and yet no episiotomy, no tearing...just a wonderful, easy birth!

This time I want to deliver at home. I'm about 45 minutes away from my midwife so I'm hoping it will work out logistically. I'm considering doing the birth unassisted at home if she can't make it. I have time to figure it out though and may in the end travel to her clinic if I decide I can't handle it. My dream though is to have the baby at home and not have to pack up baby, family and me to go back home after the birth. I just want a peaceful, quiet, restful birth at home, in my own surroundings where I can retire to the bed with the baby after giving birth.

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

August 10th, 2008, 09:13 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOHOOOOO Another home birth mama!!!!!!
Congrats on your pregnancy! My name is Angela, 30, married to Troy, 29 we are expecting our first and hoping to be at home also---we are working on the logistics now.
August 10th, 2008, 12:24 PM
*Vero*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to *Vero*
Congrats and Welcome!

I have relatively quick births and we were able to have a midwife assisted homebirth eventhough we lived a good hour to hour and a half away from my midwife... If you are interested in how it all worked out I invite you to read my birthstory
August 10th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome & congratulations on your pregnancy! I had my first three in a hospital and my last baby at home. It was such a lovely birth and like you said it's so wonderful to go into my own bed right after birth surrounded by my family. We are planning another home birth in February.

August 10th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
welcome!!!

I had my first dd at home and my youngest at home. It was an awesome experience. My midwife was 1.5 hours away from me and she did not make it in time because my labor progressed so quickly, but her nurse did make it and delivered my baby. She was there shortly after.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

August 11th, 2008, 08:40 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations! This is my 2nd child. My first was a horrible hospital birth that ended in an unnessearian. I wanted to go VBAC and my towns hospital wouldn't support it. I was lucky enough to find a great home birth midwife and I'm planning an HBAC for this November!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 11th, 2008, 12:40 PM
Elisann's Avatar Super Mommy
Thank you all for the welcome and for sharing your stories. I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Mom to:
Myranda, 21
Bobbilynn, 19
Madeline, 14
Lane, 2
TTC #5

August 11th, 2008, 09:08 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm a little late but I wanted to join in on the WARM WELCOME to our group! I'm on number 4 also, due in March.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
August 13th, 2008, 08:35 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome, Elisa - and congratulations! I hope you have the birth that you want this time. I had my first in a hospital too - and like you, it wasn't horrible, but it just wasn't comfortable. And due to complications with the epidural, I decided that I would never have one again (except in a dire situation) ... and if I wasn't going to have drugs anyway, why not do it at home? My second daughter was born in my living room, and it was just perfect. My older DD woke up just in time to be at the side of the pool when her sister arrived. I couldn't have planned it any better.

My midwife lives two hours away, and made it here in time - despite getting lost driving here in the middle of the night. I think you'll be fine with a m/w that's 45 minutes away!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search