Had 2nd midwife appt.

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I had my 2nd midwife visit today. It was a lil hectic in their office, as one midwife was out of town and a patient was in early labor, so I saw an apprentice and then the other midwife. I tested my urine and it was normal. And then I weighed myself....guess how much I gained in 4 weeks???? 0.3 pounds!! I was surprised it was that little. I have only gained 4.3 pounds this whole pregnancy so far.

Anyways, the visit went well. We went over foods, excerise, blood pressure/pulse taken and the typical pregnancy questions asked/answered. My midwife thought it was weird that nausea/vomiting started the other day out of the blue, but thinks it's probably just a lil bout of eating something bad or a lil flu bug, hopefully she's right and I start feeling 110% better

She then measured my fundal height and said it was measuring right where it's supposed to for 18 weeks. She thinks my belly button is going to disappear and not pop. Then it was time to hear the baby, she got out the doppler and started searching for his heartbeat, she found it echoing through the umbilical cord, she said "it's the same beat as his heart but let's try to find his real heart" she kept looking and he kept a moving all around and she's like "man he's super active in there" we told her that's exactly how he was for the ultrasound. He kept moving and she kept trying to make him settle down to catch his heartbeat and then she said "seems like he's not going to let us hear his heartbeat" and then BAM! He held still and let us hear him! And she's like "He's a little trickster!" and I said "his daddy is a trickster too" and DH is like "like father like son." She was saying how "baby's show their personality off very early and they stay like that after birth and through life." So man...I'm sooooo going to be doubled teamed up on when he gets here. I can see it already, DH teaching him lil tricks/pranks to pull on me. Oooh brother!

At my last visit, they took my blood for the basic pregnancy panels. They called me the next day saying the lab didn't pick it up and that they will redraw it next visit. So they redrew them today, thankfully I laid down and it wasn't bad thankfully.

So next appt is in 4 weeks~!

August 12th, 2008, 12:15 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Sounds like a great appointment!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
August 12th, 2008, 12:25 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad to hear it was non eventful!
August 12th, 2008, 01:24 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Thanks ladies~!

August 13th, 2008, 08:39 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad your visit went so well!
August 13th, 2008, 10:56 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy