Had my midwife consult today

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 21st, 2008, 05:49 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Sorry, copy and pasted from WTTC grads because my fingers are lazy

Well, I ended up really liking this midwife! She seems like she can deal with my um...interesting personality/sense of humor... Sometimes I say things that normal people are a little shocked by, but she just laughed at me, so she's pretty cool. This woman has had SEVEN children, in every way you can give birth: hospital/c section/home VBAC/home water VBAC, etc. She also home schools all her kids, cloth diapers and breastfeeds! I don't know if I could handle it huh.gif

Anyways we talked for like an hour and discussed my history, her experience, and all my questions and "what if" situations. I am under strict instructions NOT to watch "a Baby Story" or anything like it laugh.gif

She is totally cool with doing a water birth, in fact she has two tubs that she loans out. I just have to pay for the liner (it's a la Bassine tub) and she said she will help set it up and drain it after the birth as well, which is cool.

AND, she used hypnobabies during her last birth, and she's had other moms use hypnobabies too and she thinks it's awesome. So I'm pretty excited about that because she already knows the ins and outs of this particular birthing method and she will be a big help if Jeremy can't make it to all the classes with me because of work.

She said it's perfectly fine if I still have a consult with the first midwife, which is like her trainer, but I don't think I'm going to because honestly I'm giving birth in January and it will probably take the other midwife 3 hours to get here. I'm not that interested in doing an unassisted home birth right now lol!
She also has an assistant who has been a doula for 9 years that will be at my birth as well, so I get a built in doula without having to pay for it, how cool is that?!
August 21st, 2008, 05:53 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's great you had a awesome consult. Can't wait to hear more about your pregnancy

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 21st, 2008, 06:24 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Great news Katie! Sounds like a great consult and midwife!!

August 27th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Regular
Quote:
Sorry, copy and pasted from WTTC grads because my fingers are lazy

Well, I ended up really liking this midwife! She seems like she can deal with my um...interesting personality/sense of humor... Sometimes I say things that normal people are a little shocked by, but she just laughed at me, so she's pretty cool. This woman has had SEVEN children, in every way you can give birth: hospital/c section/home VBAC/home water VBAC, etc. She also home schools all her kids, cloth diapers and breastfeeds! I don't know if I could handle it huh.gif

Anyways we talked for like an hour and discussed my history, her experience, and all my questions and "what if" situations. I am under strict instructions NOT to watch "a Baby Story" or anything like it laugh.gif

She is totally cool with doing a water birth, in fact she has two tubs that she loans out. I just have to pay for the liner (it's a la Bassine tub) and she said she will help set it up and drain it after the birth as well, which is cool.

AND, she used hypnobabies during her last birth, and she's had other moms use hypnobabies too and she thinks it's awesome. So I'm pretty excited about that because she already knows the ins and outs of this particular birthing method and she will be a big help if Jeremy can't make it to all the classes with me because of work.

She said it's perfectly fine if I still have a consult with the first midwife, which is like her trainer, but I don't think I'm going to because honestly I'm giving birth in January and it will probably take the other midwife 3 hours to get here. I'm not that interested in doing an unassisted home birth right now lol!
She also has an assistant who has been a doula for 9 years that will be at my birth as well, so I get a built in doula without having to pay for it, how cool is that?![/b]
That sounds so good!! Congrats on finding a midwife that you like. I love mine!! I know nothing about his hypnobirthing but I have seen it mentioned several times during this pregnancy. I may have to look into that some. =)
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search