Todays midwife appointment

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 27th, 2008, 06:56 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It went pretty good! I gained 6 pounds since my last visit (yikes!) but it wasn't a concern. Dane's heartbeat was 144bpm and he is head down! So the little bugger is punching my cervix haha. I am measuring on track and everything is going great.

She gave us an invitation to a picnic event she does every year with current patients and previous patients. For us to get to meet other home birthers in the area. I really want to go so hopefully Jason will be up for it. He seemed up for it during the visit. I'd love to just meet other moms having a home birth and who have had previous home births. Plus, I can become social with people who feel the same way I do and hopefully get Gage some little buddies.

Gage went with us and he got this oh so cute look on his face when Katy (my midwife kathi's apprentice) found Dane's heartbeat. It was more of a "what the heck is that?!" and said it wasn't his baby brudder. So cute.

I'm glad we had a good visit. Our next appointment is the 23rd at 1130am. I'm hoping my moms days off are still consistant because I want her to meet my midwife. Since she will be at my house during the birth, I'd prefer they meet before I'm in labor haha.

I'll be 28 weeks on Friday!

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
August 27th, 2008, 07:04 PM
thepinkleprechaun's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to thepinkleprechaun
Yay for a good appointment! My midwife is having a get together like that this saturday but I have to work I would love to go though, how often do you get to talk with other moms who have done a home birth IRL?
August 27th, 2008, 07:55 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAY for a good visit! Hope it works out for you all to go to the picnic!
August 27th, 2008, 09:08 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Glad your appt went well!! Hope you get to go to the picnic. Our midwives was last weekend, but we didn't get to make it, we slept in since DH worked really late the night before

August 28th, 2008, 12:22 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
glad you little tot is helping to soften your cervix from the other side-maybe it will make your labor easier! LOL
The picnic sounds cool!
August 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Yay for a good appointment! My midwife is having a get together like that this saturday but I have to work I would love to go though, how often do you get to talk with other moms who have done a home birth IRL?[/b]
I really want to go and Jason said there shouldn't be any issues as to why we can't. My shyness will get the best of me though, that is my biggest issue.

I don't know anyone IRL who has had a home birth. So, to meet women locally who chose the same route as me is something I'd love.

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search