Had midwife appt. today

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2008, 01:43 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
22/23 week midwife appt~
We had our 3rd prenatal appointment today with the midwife. Since I'll be 23 weeks Friday she's just counting that I am 23 weeks to make it a bit easier for calculations

My fundus height was 24cm (measuring a week bigger but baby is measuring 5 days smaller than my estimated due date from the last ultrasound last week)His heartbeat sounds good. Our midwife can't believe how active he is! All we heard at first was him moving around like crazy!

Found out my blood type, which is O -, which means pending Simon's blood type I may need the rhogam injection after birth. She doesn't like giving the rhogam injection at 28 weeks, but it was our choice so we decided to waive the 28 week injection and have Simon's blood tested today. We'll find out his blood type next appointment. She thinks he'll be a positive but we'll find out! (I am actually hoping that he is a negative too, so that I won't need the rhogam shot after birth, I hear they are painful)

At my next appointment on October 8 at 9am, I'll be almost 27 weeks, I am doing the GD testing. They don't like the glucoa test so their test is to fast that night/morning for the a basic blood sugar test. Thankfully, I don't have to drink the glucoa! yay! If my blood sugar looks good then no more testing needed, if it's elevated I think I'll have to do the glucoa test

I gained about 5 pounds in the last month, which is making up for the previous month of only gaining 0.3 pounds. So I have gained 10 pounds in 23 weeks, not too bad!

So that's my appointment for this month in a nut shell!

September 10th, 2008, 02:06 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
Sounds like it went well! GL with the GD testing, I opted out. Haven't had it any of the other seven times, not doing it this time.
#12 is on the way
September 10th, 2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks (mainly doing it to do family history of diabetes on both sides )

September 10th, 2008, 02:29 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad you had a good appointment! I have heard that you dont have to get the Rhogram shot at 28 weeks. You can wait till the baby is born up to 72 hours after birth. I'm not sure how accurate this is. I don't need the shot. Good luck with everything

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 10th, 2008, 02:44 PM
Thanks Marisa. (Yea that's what we're doing, that is if I need the shot, hoping DH is negative too )

September 10th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Regular
It sounds like you had a good appt. Heres to hoping that your dh is negative too so you don't have to get the shot!!
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>
September 10th, 2008, 07:00 PM
Thanks Tanya

September 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Congrats on the good appointment I hope your dh is negative mine isn't.

September 10th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Thanks~! (My midwife said that opposites attract usually in a couple one is - and +, so I'm not counting on it lol)

September 11th, 2008, 05:13 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They only start giving the Rhogam shot during pregnancy in the last couple years. Other wise its always been post baby (must be in the first 24 hrs though). As far as being a painful shots-the medicine doesn't hurt its usually the nurse that makes or breaks it LOL. So IF you need it I hope you get a good shot giver nurse!
Glad you had a good appointment.
September 11th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks~ If I do need it I know my midwife will be gentle in giving it, she is about blood work

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search