I was just thinking about....

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2008, 12:47 AM
Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via MSN to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy Send a message via Yahoo to Alissa&Isabelle'sMommy
Tomorrow they dr. wants to schedule me for a c section because she's breech. I'm going to refuse. I don't know where to go from there. But I've been thinking.... I used to work in assisted livings and the little old ladies would tell me their home birth stories. They're very interesting. Many of the 90 and 100 year olds had their babies at home. Esp. the ones in rural areas, on the farm, they didn't have a choice. I remember a lady telling me she had 13 kids, all at home and delivered a few breech. She had the dr. to come out and help her. Now drs. won't even help with that! Times have changed so much! I can't have a home birth because baby is breech or I don't even know if the hospital will let me. I may try unassisted. I find out tomorrow. They don't even give me a chance or baby a chance to turn. I haven't had any luck this pregnancy with care providers. I'm on my fourth one.

November 24th, 2008, 09:05 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They can't force you to have a c-section. You can turn them down. Do you know what position of breech she's in?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Regular
If this baby is breech at the time of birth, I am planning to try to deliver vaginally unless it is in the transverse position. I was looking up some breech birth stories online and they helped me to see that it is possible and that it does not have to be an automatic c section!! I hope that you get everything worked out!!
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>
November 25th, 2008, 04:40 AM
~Jackie
Quote:
They can't force you to have a c-section. You can turn them down. Do you know what position of breech she's in?[/b]
Ditto - they can't force you at all! Just keep with your provider for prenatal and go to the hospital after you've been in labor for awhile. LOL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search