Do you worry??

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 23rd, 2008, 10:36 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have a question, I am pregnant with number 5, I had first 2 babies all natural at the hospital, and last 2 at home in water.
I am freaked when I see a needle, or a thought of a surgery (c-section, any other surgery) freaks me out to death.
This being my number 5, and considering I never had a problem during any of my pregnancies, I feel like I cant possibly have another easy pregnancy with home water birth!!!!!!!!!
I have nausea and it brings me down, I need to get over these thoughts, and be positive!! Ohh and of course my age creeps up in my mind too lol, I will be 37 when this baby is born, so I just see all the negative things possible!!!

Anybody else feels silly like this????

December 24th, 2008, 05:33 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

Well, I just HAD to respond to this one! ha ha. I feel EXACTLY the same way and have no REASON to! I'm on number 4. I've had 3 perfectly awesome, all natural, waterbirths. The first two were in a freestanding birth center and the last one was at home. This next is also to be at home. I'm 39...so I hear ya about the age thing but that doesn't really concern me as much as the FEAR that SOMEthing will go wrong. I have felt that with each of my births though. It's ridiculous because I've had pain free, intervention free, tear free, & problem free births. I do sometimes feel like I've been so lucky/blessed thus far that something just HAS to go wrong this time around. I am sure that it's just a hormonal thing since it creeps up EVERY time on me in the last trimester. Anyhow, I just wanted you to know that you are not alone in your feelings. Just knowing that others feel the same way is helpful, I think! I'm sure we'll both have awesome births~!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
December 24th, 2008, 06:13 AM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I'm 35, 7 days past my edd and planning homebirth number 4 with baby number 8, after two csections mixed in there. So most people think I am a lunatic. I, however, believe this is the safest choice for myself AND my baby. I know there are some risks, as there are with any birth, wherever it may be. I try to stay positive.
I have had concerns in the past about having had seven healthy children and "running out of luck", but I have gotten past those fears.

(((hugs))) enjoy a H&H pregnancy and an easy L&D!!
#12 is on the way
December 26th, 2008, 04:04 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
thanks ladies, it feels good to know I am not alone LOL.

December 31st, 2008, 08:16 PM
Regular
I have had very similar thoughts and it is comforting knowing that I am not the only one who feels this way!!
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>
December 31st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely not alone! This is also my fifth baby and I have had increasing anxiety over labor and delivery for no good reason.
January 6th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Melui's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
i had my third child at home yesterday and i was very relieved all went well - even though previous 2 births were problem free and fast. a very negative pediatrician didnt help tho.
January 11th, 2009, 11:28 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
i had my third child at home yesterday and i was very relieved all went well - even though previous 2 births were problem free and fast. a very negative pediatrician didnt help tho.[/b]
CONGRATS on another successful home birth!!!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search