Birth Pool?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Hello! I have posted on justmommies in the past...a very long time ago and I have been lurking lately. I gave birth to a son in October and I had bought a La Bassine birth tub. I ended up laboring in it for about 4 hours before getting out to deliver (LOOONG story!) I don't have a use for it anymore and it cost way too much to be used as a kiddie pool for my 2 year old (that seems to be everyones favorite suggestion!). Can you resell something like that? I know that I would have bought one had a been able to find someone selling it. Any suggestions? I hope I am asking in the right place! Thanks in advance for your help!
December 30th, 2008, 12:18 PM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had the La Bassine for my last birth and sold it to the assistant midwife. When you put it away just make sure that you've sterilized it and completely DRY IT! You can sell them on eBay or look to your local "home birth" circles. Someone on here might even be interested. I sold mine for $50.00. Whoever buys it can purchase the disposable liners if they're concerned about it having been "used". yourwaterbirth.com sells the liners and also some great iodine pads for cleaning the tub after use (I used one!). I am in the market for a new tub but I don't want the La Bassine again. It was too short for me, as I like to really lay out in the tub and not touch the other side. That's why I sold mine. It was TOTALLY the only thing about my last birth that I didn't like. Anyhow, good luck getting yours sold!
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
December 30th, 2008, 12:25 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

We borrowed one from my midwife and bought our own liner to go into it. I also didn't have my son in the pool, when I hit transition the water didn't help because of how I wanted to labor.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
December 30th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Thaks ladies! I really appreciate your help! I actually had no idea you could put that on ebay. I'll let you know how it goes. And if anyone on here IS interested, please pm me. Is there a seperate forum on to list that on?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search