Homebirth after loss

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 3rd, 2009, 01:39 PM
Newbies
Hi,

I'm new here. I'm a 40 year old wife and mother of Chet 2 (assisted homebirth) and Grace 7 (drug free hospital birth). I am also the mother of Noah who was stillborn on August 30 due to a cord knot. His birth was induced but was virtually painless and without medication. I've also had four miscarriages. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant.

Anyone out there had a homebirth after a loss.... at forty?
January 15th, 2009, 04:40 PM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to send you
I haven't had my homebirth after losses, but G-d willing I will, and I hope you will too.

January 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Veteran
I don't know that this will be much help, but I attended a birth back in May of a very close friend. The baby ended up being stillborn because the cord slipped through and the head pinched the cord. I did a great deal throughout her pregnancy for her because she has some liver complications, and I can tell you I was very much looking forward to watching my first birth. I could not believe how devastated I was after that birth. I had never grieved that hard in all my life, and most of my family are deceased so I've done a lot of grieving.

Just from watching it happen leaves me with a little nervousness about my own next homebirth. However, I just believe that God will take care of us and give us the strength we need if we should have to go through that. Even in a hospital the chances of survival are 2% in a situation like that, and of the 2% about half are disabled in some way.

This same friend had a baby before her loss that had a complete knot in the cord as well. However, with that birth she stayed completely dialated for six hours without the urge to push, and that is what helped to save the baby's life. She had no idea before hand that there was a knot.

I imagine it will be trying for you to birth at home now.

<div align="center"></div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search