Question for those who've moved after their births

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 12:33 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My husband and I are in the discussion of buying a house. We currently rent the one we live in and have the option to buy at the end of the year. We may still do that, but buy it and rent it out. We're purchasing the business my husband works at so we're going to be making more money and would like to upgrade to a bigger house eventually.

My question is, when you moved did it bother you? Its kinda bothering me that the thought of moving out of the house my son was born in. I know it's a silly feeling, but its a feeling no less.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
February 3rd, 2009, 07:45 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
A little...it was kind of bittersweet. We just moved across the apartment complex (from a 2br to a 3br), but I kept wanting to go knock on the door and ask if I could just go stand in the spot where Ele was born.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
February 4th, 2009, 08:02 AM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've thought about this too...thankfully, I can't foresee us ever moving from this house. It was bad enough moving from the house where I brought my older daughter home from the hospital. I'm soooooo sentimental, though, little things like that REALLY get to me!
February 4th, 2009, 03:10 PM
Regular
Quote:
My husband and I are in the discussion of buying a house. We currently rent the one we live in and have the option to buy at the end of the year. We may still do that, but buy it and rent it out. We're purchasing the business my husband works at so we're going to be making more money and would like to upgrade to a bigger house eventually.

My question is, when you moved did it bother you? Its kinda bothering me that the thought of moving out of the house my son was born in. I know it's a silly feeling, but its a feeling no less.[/b]
I lived in an apt during my first homebirth and I was a little sentimental on the idea of moving, but it does not bother me at all now. Sometimes, when we drive past the apartment complex, I point out the room that my daughter was born in, but really I do not miss it at all!! After this baby comes, I will have had two homebirths in this house but I will not be anymore attached to the house because of it.
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>
February 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM
~Jackie
Heck, I didn't birth Kailey at home and I still hated moving
February 10th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Veteran
I guess I'm kind of odd....I had 3 homebirths at 3 different homes and it didn't bother me to move, didn't even think of it too much, except I didn't enjoy the process of moving with a baby. The first was born in our bachelor apartment and then when she was 5 weeks old we moved to a 3-bedroom townhouse, I was soooo excited! The second, when I was pregnant with ds, we moved to another 3 bedroom townhouse due to dh's work at the time, we were excited that he was getting a good job that paid more than we had before, ds was born in this house. Exactly a year after moving, we moved to a 2-bedroom apartment. That move was not so enjoyable, not because we were moving from the home ds was born in but becuase it was hard to go from a 3 bedroom townhouse with a finished basement and small backyard to a 2-bedroom apartment with just a balcony, but dh needed to complete a few courses related to his field. We stayed there for a year, then moved a few hours away to dh's parents' home due to work, I was nervous about this. I did not like living with the in-laws, plus we lived in there unfinished basement and shared kitchen and bathroom, it was an AWFUL experience. It was onyl supposed to be for a couple of months but ended up being a year, we had our second ds there (3rd dc) in the basement, then when he was 2 months old we moved to a 3-bedroom townhouse, I was ECSTATIC! So, I guess for me, although I'll always cherish the homes I brithed my children in, never gave it a second thought about moving. I guess I'm weird!

I'm Stayin Home and Lovin It!

My Pregnancy VLOG:
http://www.youtube.com/JoyeuseSteuer

February 23rd, 2009, 08:16 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
It hasn't bothered me, but I did think it would. However, that was over 6 years ago now and I don't miss that home in the least.

February 24th, 2009, 06:38 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Would it be silly of me to cut out that part of the floor and take it with us?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search