Help!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 3rd, 2009, 07:35 PM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My SO is now changing his mind and keeps telling me he really wants me to have another hospital birth He wasnt there for my first one and doesnt know how much I hated it and how horrible it was. Seriously at this point I would be okay with even just a birth center birth but NO hospital. I was really looking forward to my home birth and now Im just crying. Does anyone have any advice on how I can convince him?

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

February 4th, 2009, 03:05 PM
Regular
Quote:
My SO is now changing his mind and keeps telling me he really wants me to have another hospital birth He wasnt there for my first one and doesnt know how much I hated it and how horrible it was. Seriously at this point I would be okay with even just a birth center birth but NO hospital. I was really looking forward to my home birth and now Im just crying. Does anyone have any advice on how I can convince him?[/b]
If you don't have insurance, maybe you can convince him that it is a good way to save money. Or maybe, you can have him watch The Business of Being born. I wish that I could give you more suggestions but I am really at a loss. If he does not agree to it, can you not plan it anyways and eventually he might jump on board with you?? Good luck!!
Expecting #4 in February!!
</div>

<div align="center"></div>
February 5th, 2009, 09:40 AM
MamaFish's Avatar Swimming Upstream
Maybe ask him to make a list of his concerns over a homebirth and then address each one with facts. Also appeal to the fact that you're going to have the safest birth in the place that you are most comfortable!

dd SK (13.5)
dd AB (11)

ds TJ (9)
ds SR (6.5)

dd LG (4)
edd @ June 14
February 23rd, 2009, 05:55 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I would recommend he meets with a homebirth midwife and asks her questions. Our third was our 1st at home and Kirk asked our midwife all these questions, now he thinks that everyone with a healthy pregnancy and baby should birth at home.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search