waterbirth &husbands...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2009, 08:27 AM
Veteran
Has anyone here had a water birth and their husbands sat in the tub with them? I was just wondering if it was a comfortable thing or how it went, my husband and I are going to start TTC #2 in july, and I want a home waterbirth and I do want him to be in the tub, but at the same time, I dont know/or want him to be grosed out...did that happen to anyone? To me it's not grose, but I know it's different with men. I'm just a little worried about the subject, and I'm one of those people who likes to plan way ahead...so i know the question will be burning on my mind and i just want to ask him when he gets back in 2 months lol. Thanks in advance for your input ladies!

March 12th, 2009, 09:05 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
My husband was not in the water with any of my waterbirths. Hoenstly, if he was I would have kicked him out, he would have been in my space and interferring with my birthing ways... I have seen a lot of pictures of dads in the tub though. If he was in my water at the birth he would have been grossed out too, lots of stuff was in the water with each baby (mostly blood/fluids after the birth).

March 12th, 2009, 09:27 AM
~Jackie
DH would be totally grossed out so he won't be in it. LOL! Some men don't mind though so it doesn't hurt to ask!!
March 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
He sat in the tub with me, rubbed my back and put pressure on it when needed. My son was a land birth, but had I decided to stay in the tub, he would have stayed in with me. I didn't think I wanted him in there, but I asked him and he said he'd come in, and did.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 12th, 2009, 10:50 AM
Lonomia's Avatar Super Hot Mommy
My DH was in the tub with me during my DS birth. We had quite a large inflatable kiddie pool so I had lots of room to move around. I wanted my DH in there with me and it turned out so wonderfully. DH wasn't grossed out at all but thats just the way he is.

If you want your DH in there with you then I would definitely talk to him about it!

March 12th, 2009, 11:31 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
we wanted him to be in the tub with my last birth, but it was just too fast he didn't get a chance. He really feels like he missed out and wants to be in the tub and catch this baby himself. The thought doesn't gross him out at all.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

March 12th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Veteran
oh good, i'm glad to hear all the reassuring thoughts of you ladies who DID have their hubbies in the tub, makes me feel a bit better, I'm definitly going to talk about it to him, I just know ti will be a touchy subject due to me most likely feeling offended if he's grosed out lol. But we shall see! thank you for all your thoughts, good or bad, all views are best to be heard!

March 17th, 2009, 06:49 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck! I hope you keep us updated

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 19th, 2009, 02:06 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
while planning the birth I wanted him to e in the tub, he said no it would be gross

when I went into labor and got in the tub, I didn't want him in with me anyways so it worked out ok

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

March 19th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Good luck! I hope you keep us updated
Oh I definitly will! DH and I will be TTC #2 in july :-) He doesnt get back form his deployment until may! And I dont want another winter baby, soooo we HAVE to wait until may if it all works out! lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search