Pets, did you/will you?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2009, 07:53 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Did you/will you have them at your birth?

We let our cats roam since they were more interested perching off the top of the couches. Our one dog at the time we had to lock up. He's a barker and while he is harmless, new people come around and he doesn't shut up. So I didn't want him yapping while I was in labor.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
March 20th, 2009, 08:12 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good point!! I didn't think about the pugs! LuLu is a barker at loud noises, doors slamming...and they both want to be on your lap all the time so I guess thye'll have to go to their sitters. One less thing to worry about!
March 20th, 2009, 09:30 AM
kimberlypatton@msn.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have a cat and a dog. The cat can roam and not be in the way...he's indoor outdoor anyhow. The DOG, on the other hand, will have to be locked out of the main living area. She really doesn't like new things happening and change and lots of people...she'll be all freaked out and in the way. She can't stand when my midwife comes and touches me. She gets all protective. So, while she wouldn't actually HURT anyone, she'd definitely be an unwelcome distraction in more ways than one, unfortunately.
ESTHER GRACE WAS BORN ON MARCH 23RD, 2009: 4:15 PM, 9 POUNDS, 20.5 INCHES. ANOTHER WONDERFUL HOME WATER BIRTH!!!

The world today is upside down because there is so very little love in the home, and in family life. We have no time for each other. Everybody is in such a terrible rush, and so anxious…and in the home begins the disruption of the peace of the world.
-Mother Teresa~
March 20th, 2009, 11:13 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Our yapper dog was out....he loves people and was awesome with the MWs they loved him too. He'd only bark when people went past but I just ignored it. Didn't bother me. He was sweet too, whenever I was making primate noises he'd come over to the pool and check on me.

March 21st, 2009, 06:39 AM
Veteran
I'm definitly going to take mine to the boarding facility we use...My english bulldogge gets concerned when your in the bath, and then tries to lick all the water so i definitly wont want her licking up the birthing pool! lol And my other one is sweet, and loves everyone, but I'd want her with ym bulldogge so they dnt get anxiety b/c they'reseperated.

March 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
My dogs are usually outside. We didn't have dogs with Kiera (my first homebirth). We had one dog, he was 4 months, with Julius and he was inside for much of my (4 hour) labour, but was kicked outside before he was born. With Sebastien the dogs (two) were both outside...

My cats have never been an issue or concern, they had/have free roam like always.

March 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I don't remember where my dog was, lol, I am sure she was in the house with us somewhere. She is very mellow, so I wasn't worried about her being there at all.

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search