What do you think about this?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I contacted the back up physcian that my midwife recommended to me, She has never used him before but she has met him and thought he'd be a good back up. He backs up the midwives in a local practice. He told me that he didn't want to back her, he thought she had done some questionable thing recently and didnt' recommend we use her. He told me he thought it was a good idea to speak to the midwives in the local practice. I am going to call them and maybe meet with them for an interview. He told me that Ruth the midwife I am looking at hadn't kept up her certification (I am not sure which certification) He also said she isn't apart of the oklahoma midwife alliance anymore or at least she isn't an involved part. Some of the things he told me make me question what she told me. I have heard nothing but good things about her but she recommended him to me and he said that he wouldn't recommend her to me. So what would you do?

April 10th, 2009, 03:30 PM
marialena's Avatar Veteran
I would talk directly with her to see what she says about her certification ect. I don't know if I would bring up the "questionable incident" but the other stuff she should be able to explain and you could see her reaction/response. It would also be good for her to know she doesn't have an MD ready to back her up any longer....

April 10th, 2009, 04:31 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I agree, I would ask her about it all and let her know what you have heard.

I would also encourage you to check credentials of any care provider, be in midwife or Dr, that you are hiring.

April 10th, 2009, 06:24 PM
Platinum Supermommy
How do I do that I tried to look up the Oklahoma midwife alliance but couldn't find a website for them and I don't know where to look for info on her licenses. Her grandmother died and they had the funeral today so I am going to give her a few days and then call and talk with her about it.

This doc is for homebirth so I don't believe he is saying it to discourage me from using a homebirth midwife.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search