Having a assisted home birth,due in August

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 15th, 2009, 01:37 PM
My Husband and I are expecting twins girls in August and we are having an assisted home birth, our Midwife has been so very supportive. I guess I am just nervous about this, we have done our research and this seems so comfortable to us that I am not sure why I am so nervous. I am not sure if maybe this is because this will be our first pregnancy and first babies or what, but I came across this site and thought maybe I could get more comfortable here talking to those of you who may have gone through this same thing. We are planning a very private and calm atmosphere with just my husband and my midwife. I think this will be a wonderful experience without a doubt, so is this nervous thing something that would happen with a hospital birth as well? I hope to meet some new friends on here that have gone through an assisted home birth before and can give me some support.
April 15th, 2009, 04:41 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome! I am Marisa, one of your co-hosts Congratulations on your pregnancy and twins! How wonderful.

I had an assistated home birth this past November with my 2nd son. He was a VBAC at home. I think with any pregnancy and impending birth there is some level of nervousness. I was nervous with my 2nd and my first.

Can't wait to hear more from you

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
April 15th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on your pregnancy and welcome! I've had two home births and even after three prior pregnancies I was still a little nervous each time. They were beautiful births and I'm so glad I made the decision to welcome our little ones at home

April 15th, 2009, 09:12 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Welcome, I am the other co-host., B randy.

I've had 5 babies, 2 in hosp and 3 at home - 1 assisted, 2 unassisted. I am a student midwife as well.
Jump right in !

April 15th, 2009, 09:37 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
hi there! i'm kristin and i'm due aug 31st with my 3rd. when exactly are you due? this will be my 3rd home birth so i've never given birth at a hospital, but i've been nervous with all the home births i've had so far and this one just as much. i think it was worse with my first though just because you have absolutely no idea what to expect. i hope you can find some encouragement and peace about things here!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

April 16th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Hey everyone thanks for all the replies and support, I can see I made another good choice in coming to this site for finding answers and support. Someone asked when I was due, I am due August 30th. I am very excited and reading some of the stories from the others on here is just reassurance that my husband and I can do this and this is the best way to have our daughters. After thinkingabout it for awhile last night I finally pin pointed why I was so affraid of this and that being that I am not only having one baby but two! And I am really nervous about having a twin home birth, but I can hoeslty say so much of my worries have been eased by my wonderful mid wife, She has been a rock in this planning and now I feel confident that I will also get much needed support from all of you here, so thanks and I will be in touch, We will be meeting with the midwife on Monday for a check up so I will keep you all posted.
April 19th, 2009, 09:06 AM
cheezpoofs's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! Welcome! I think you will likely find that your home birth is more relaxed and laid back because you are in your familiar and comfortable environment, the one you're used to. And I don't know about you, but I get just a bit more anxious around doctors and hospitals. It's probably due to the urgency and running around going on around at the hospital. Birth is nerve-wracking, but I don't think you'll regret your choice to birth at home.

I'm Veann, mommy to Lucius. Lucius was born at a free-standing birth center with a midwife in February of this year. The birth was wonderful and I wouldn't have it any other way. We'll be using our same midwife in the future, but having home births instead (hoping and planning for at least three more, maybe even five!).

April 20th, 2009, 04:57 PM
Granola Mama
Hi! I'm Bliss and I'm also planning an assisted home birth with twins! Glad to see another mommy of twins to be .

I have one daughter already (Rain, 7/4/08), born at a birthing center all natural, it was great but now I'm really looking forward to a home birth. And I'm due in early Novemeber.
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
April 20th, 2009, 06:10 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hello! I'm Angela and I'm due end off July with my first--we are also having an assisted home birth. Great to have you here. How did you appointment go today?
April 21st, 2009, 01:23 PM
We met with our Midwife and she said everything is going great! We got to hear the heartbeats and see the babies through our ultrasound, They are some very active girls! I am noticing more and more that my sleep is becoming more restless and uncomfortable. Any suggestions on the best way to sleep? I have a long body pillow but am not able to sleep on my side well at all. One thing I really enjoy and feels so comfortable is getting in a pool, I have joined a mommies to be swim class in our area and WOW! that is amazing. My husband joking said "well maybe you can sleep in the shallow end of the pool with your head rested on the side." Thanks to all of you for your responses it sure is nice having lots of support! I wish all of you mommy's the best.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search