July babies

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 16th, 2009, 09:41 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just noticed we have quite a few ladies who are due in July!

My husband and I have decided for our 3rd baby, we're going to aim for July because thats the only month we don't have family birthdays in haha. That or September.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL I have one DS born in June and one DD born in August, so really trying to stay in July for this one!! Should be fine though since I am due 20th of July, so even if I go early, it shouldnt be earlier than 2 weeks right??

May 16th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Haha, our first born is a January baby and he's the 4th one in our families to have a birthday in Jan. Our 2nd one is a November baby and he is the 5th one to have a November birthday on my HUSBANDS side! He is one week after my husbands birthday, my due date was my husbands birthday haha.

Killian's Birth Story
May 16th, 2009, 09:00 PM
that is too funny!!!!! This baby's due date is my DH's birthday!!! I doubt very much it will be on that day, I think I will go early (this being my 5th and last was 10 days early and weighed 11lb 2oz, I really think this one will be early too )

May 17th, 2009, 06:58 AM
My husband kept saying "go figure" when we found out our 'due' date hahaha. I assured him it wouldn't happen! I was right. Dane decided that Black Friday last November would be a great time to come. So far I bake em' late

Killian's Birth Story
May 17th, 2009, 09:11 PM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I have 2 july boys.

I don't like smmer births because it is so hot (most people here, incl us, don't have a/c) here.

Good luck!

May 18th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Regular
Martina-oh man that was big baby, Your amazing! how big were your other babys?

May 18th, 2009, 09:27 PM
my first one was 9lb 12oz, second 10lb , then we had a mini baby at 8lb 6oz (he was 12 days overdue, so he obviously knew what he was doing in there that long, and still had hernia) and my last was 11lb 2oz, I had my last 2 at home, but all 4 births were all natural births. because of their size I am wondering how big this baby is, I am hoping it is a boy because it seems we make small boys (based on one boy, but I do need a hope for a baby not bigger than 10 lb kwim?? LOL). Found out about somebody having 13 lb baby vaginally, so I am kinda CALM now

May 19th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Granola Mama
I have one July baby (who is growing up much to fast for mommy's liking), these ones are due in Novemeber, and it's early Novemeber, so being twins and that I went early last time I'm guessing they'll show up in October.
and baby number 4 due 9/3/10
May 20th, 2009, 01:55 PM
Regular
Martina: That is awesome that you make sure big healthy babys. ...Just out of curosity.. what do you eat during your pregnancy? do you have a high protein intake?

May 20th, 2009, 03:21 PM
LOL No, I was a big baby (just bit smaller than my first), my DH was bit smaller than me at birth, but really close. I am 5'10" (135 pounds when not pregnant LOL) now so is DH (well he is 5'10" but like 230 pounds, he gained weight with each of my pregnancies but he never really looses any of it after the baby is born ROFLOL) Actually I come from Europe and most of my friends have babies this size. Not that unusual. Always wondered if it has something to do with the size of my babies LOL.

Now with my 4th baby I gained 67 pounds (due to nausea full 9 months and I had to eat!!!) so I think in her case maybe my weight gain had something to do with it. With my first 3 I gained around 42-45 pounds each and I worked out all the way to the end (now I heard that makes smaller babies so I dont know!!). This pregnancy I had nausea for about half of it (maybe less??) and all I eat is healthy stuff (like salads, chicken, etc., that is what I crave LOL) and I think I will gain only about 38-40 pounds with this pregnancy (so the smallest amount).

May 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM
Regular
wow, The reason I asked is because my midwife told me to really up my intake of protein to put more weight on the baby, since this guy will probably be early. I have had a problem putting on weight with this pregnancy, in the first trimester I dropped 20 pounds because I was so sick. Then once I was feeling better I went back to eating normally and I've only gained 10 pounds of that twenty back.
Then since I've been eating more protein this past 2 weeks, I've actually dropped 3 pounds.
My fundus is measuring on target so hopefully this little guy isn't effected by my lack of weight gain. We'll shall see in a couple weeks, I really would love to have abig chunky baby. Both my boys were small since they were early.

May 21st, 2009, 05:34 PM
I know one of my friends gained like 10 lbs and had 10 pound baby, I dont think it really matters how much you gain, I think it is work of your body how big the baby is LOL, but who knows?? I will tell you after this baby is born if the weight gain has something to do with it. If I still have 13 pounder after gaining the least amount of weight you will know it is not true haha.
then I know women who gain 70 pounds and still have only 7 pound baby.

with my first 3 pregnancies I gained pretty much same amount of weight and the third baby was small, and he was even overdue so really hard to tell how this works.

June 2nd, 2009, 01:39 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a july mom also--probably more in Aug-but my EDD is 7/31.
I have only put on 4lbs so far this pregnancy, I had my second and hopefully last u/s at 28weeks and baby was measuring "big" (don't they all LOL) so no one seems at all concerned with my lack of wt gain. I think the wt is just moving around--my hips/thighs got smaller and my belly bigger----and I am MORE then happy to share my hip/thigh fat for my little bug!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search