Newbie!!!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well I just posted a thread on HB in my DDC and I didn't get too many positive responses
I had no idea that JM had a HM forum and I'm so glad to have found it!

With DS1 I was GBS+ and my water broke around 38 weeks. I had literally zero time to research what that meant and so I ended up "in the system" as I like to call it LOL After every intervention short of a c/s I have decided that this baby, barring any REAL complications, will be born at home.

Looking forward to chatting with you ladies!

May 24th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Regular
Hi amanda,

I'm Danielle, and I'm a newbie here as well. I'll be having my 3rd son in water at home, It'll be my first homebirth.

May 24th, 2009, 08:56 AM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
Congratulations!! I know how you feel, I got locked in the cascade of intervention with my first ds too. I think they only reason they didn't start threatening c-section was because 14 other babies were born that night.

Are you looking up alternatives to abx for gbs?

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
May 24th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isaeph View Post
Congratulations!! I know how you feel, I got locked in the cascade of intervention with my first ds too. I think they only reason they didn't start threatening c-section was because 14 other babies were born that night.

Are you looking up alternatives to abx for gbs?
YES, YES, YES! I am pretty sure I'm going to try the Hibiclens (sp?) before my swab and use it as a wash up until I go into labor. I feel so violated to learn that there was another option rather than iv abx and in Europe they use it instead of abx. Oh well, anyone can Monday morning QB I guess so this time, I want to be as prepared as I can be.

My DH is a little hesitant about HB but he is very willing to do more research. Do any of you have any great links I could put together for him in an email so that he can start to support me 100% on my HB quest?

Thanks

May 24th, 2009, 10:36 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First off, welcome! I'm marisa one of your hosts

My first son was also a hospital birth, cascade of interventions which unfortunately lead to an unneeded c-section. My 2nd baby, was my HBAC!

I would check out our sticky called Convincing DH and also, maybe have him watch The Business of Being Born? That was one thing that helped my husband but what sold him was when we met our home birth midwife. She answered all his questions thoroughly and when we left the consultation he told me to cancel the meeting with the CNM.

He always had his hesitations because of what i had previously been through but I was almost 3 years out of my c-section and everything with my 2nd birth went great.

I learned that a lot of people who automatically shut out home birth have never done a lot of research to base their opinions on it. It's a by word of mouth, hospital is better situation.

Glad you joined us and can't wait to get to know you more! Also from your ticker i see you're due Jan 4th, my first son's birthday is Jan 4th! He'll be 4

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
welcome!!!

May 28th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Welcome!!! I'm having a my first baby and home birth in September.
June 2nd, 2009, 01:48 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
You used Monday Morning QB I know I'm going to like you! LOL
Welcome!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search