What is your ideal homebirth?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 03:53 PM
Regular
When you dream about your homebirth what do you think of?

When I play it all out in my head, I would like it to be in the middle of the night. My birth pool would be set up in my bedroom under my big window. Lights would be very dim and room would be very quite. Dh would be the only person in the room and and I secretly hope the midwives dont make it in time since their both over an hour away. I'd give birth in the pool into DH's hands as planned. And then I would go to my bed to nurse my son and deliver placenta since I dont like the idea of sitting in bloody water. We would cut the cord once it stops pulsating and we would eventually make a placenta print and then plant a orange tree over the placenta. In the morning my DS's would crawl into my bed at 7am like they usually do and we'd introduce them to their new brother. After we had family time, then we would call the grandparents to let know that 3rd grandson had arrived.

May 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine was pretty much my ideal home birth.

I had originally planned on having a water birth but the pool during my transition was the worst spot for me to labor in for some reason. So he was a land birth. I also labored through the night, which I was hoping how it would go. It was calming and wonderful. Jason cut the cord (one thing he said he wouldn't do!) He was also a middle of the night labor. I went into labor at 1130pm Thanksgiving night so I got to labor throughout the early morning of the 28th. My other son slept most of the time and when he was up, Grandma came to get him. After Dane was born and the placenta was born, I moved to my bed and we had more skin to skin contact. Oh I loved that, I didn't get it with my first.

All in all, even though a few things were different, it was still pretty close to my ideal HB.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
May 30th, 2009, 07:40 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just looking for a calm and quiet and...fairly quick birth. I'm just to excited to meet the little one and find out if it's a son or a daughter!!
May 30th, 2009, 01:58 PM
Xx5Xy1+'s Avatar What's your superpower?
I'm with Hey there.....

I want calm, quick, as pain free as possible. I wouldn't mind going at night because then the toddlers would be asleep and they can wake up to meet their sister.

Thank you 3Daughters for my AWESOME siggy!

Hoping to add a new member to our family through adoption in August 2011
~*~
I am a sleep deprived, pro-life, homebirth supporting, babywearing, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, conservative thinking, Constitution defending, gun owning, Torah learning, US Army Veteran who is married to her hero... A US Army Soldier! If this offends you, then stop reading my signature!
May 30th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Alison79's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My last birth was my ideal birth in every way. Labor started in the morning and my family and I ran errands to pass the time and stay active. My midwives, doula and photographer arrived about three hours before she was born and it was like having a big birthday party. My older children went to bed around 7:30 and Eleanor was born in the water at 8:47 without my having to push at all! The only part that wasn't ideal was that a tornado came through town only minutes after I got out of the tub and we all had to go downstairs to take shelter :lo:

May 31st, 2009, 03:13 PM
Isaeph's Avatar Jennifer the Momma
You know I actually liked each of my uc's the way they came out. Dd's was like 99% ideal...only factor I'd remove would to have had it been JUST dh and I, not my mom (she woke up for the last 20 minutes or so). But dd's birth was amazing, I spent an hour and a half alone laboring in the middle of night, woke up dh and labored another two and a half hours and gave birth quickly. Ds2's birth was amazing too though, it showed me how very strong I am with God. I was in labor for 4 days and labored hard at home with myself and my 5yo and 2yo while dh was at work. He got home about 2 1/2 hours before ds2 was born and that's when I really needed him. It was beautiful too, and I loved having the kids in the other room (they were busy playing) and coming right in moments after his birth. I'm not even sure how I want it all to go down next time, I guess I'll base that on ds2's personality as he grows...if he's able to entertain himself a bit like dd and ds1, then I'd be fine going in the daytime again, but if he's not ready for that, then it'd be best to go at night.

Crunchy, conservative, Christian, homeschooling, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, not-vaccinating, cloth-diapering, baby-wearing, ec-ing, unassisted-birthing, breastmilk donating, Momma to 7yo, 4yo, 2yo, 2mo.
June 2nd, 2009, 03:05 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ideal or dream birth LOL
in my dream birth it would involve a massage therapist/chiropractor and chef all there! LOL

Ideally it would be in the tub, and baby comes out JUST before the m/w gets there! LOL I want to be in labor during the day and not all night. I want to be the first one to touch baby and to catch my baby myself and cut the baby's cord. I THINK I would love to be in the tub---but im a play it by ear girl. (tub will be there). DH is right there with me and my friend taking pictures of the whole thing
June 2nd, 2009, 04:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hey There View Post
Just looking for a calm and quiet and...fairly quick birth. I'm just to excited to meet the little one and find out if it's a son or a daughter!!
That sounds perfect.
June 3rd, 2009, 08:01 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
Ideal for me would be home, with an inflatable pool (much softer and more comfortable than a regular tub), and my husband and children home. NOT in the night, there is nothing worse (imo) than labouring at night, night is for sleep.

I pretty much had the ideal less the inflatable tub, with Sebastien, my last (and final) baby.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search