What a day....

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Regular
Yesterday was quite a day...
Had a midwife appointment at 1030am and was planning on going to lunch and a movie with DH afterwards ( it was our 4 year wedding anniversary). Well those plans got thrown out the window, because Midwife was concerned that I haven't gained any weight for 6 weeks. So we got sent for an ultrasound to check the baby. The Doctor we saw wanted to do a NST, and the baby looked just fine, but i had some contractions that we're showing on the strip.Didn't think much of it, neither did the doc. So they did an ultrasound and baby looked Fab, weighing 7 pounds 7 ozs and his biophysical score was 8/8. So all was well..wahoo..

But.... the day doesn't end there.....

DH and I picked up the kiddos and we get home finally around 4pm, and then the contractions start picking up to about 5 minutes apart but not real intense yet, discharge has some pink so I started to think that we'd be having a baby that night. I told DH to get the birth pool blown up and I made sure the bedroom was cleaned. Contractions continued on and I was just waiting until they got real intense to call the midwife. I thought for sure it was going to happen.... and then.... the contractions tapered off around 1130ish... I went to sleep... and woke up this morning with not a single contraction...

man... you'd think I'd know false labor since this is my 3rd kid...

June 12th, 2009, 08:28 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh I was getting all excited there! LOL Glad baby checked out ok!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search