Corbins Birth Story

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 18th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Regular
Saturday 6/13-
1130am: Threw a big birthday party for my oldest DS, I was busy and on my feet the whole time.
300pm: Got home and settled and noticed I was crampy, but didn't think much of it.
700pm: Mild contractions started, but really still wasn't thinking too much into it because of my false labor
the other night.
900pm: Decided to try to sleep despite contractions cause I was totally exhusted from the long day.
1130pm: Woke up to pee and noticed my discharge was pink, and I was really unconfortable. Couldn't fall back asleep.

Sunday 6/14-
240am: Called midwife, contractions were getting harder and closer together, she said she'd be there in about 1.5 hours
400: Midwife checked my cervix and I was only 2cm, 50% effaced and baby was at -2 station. I was felt really
disappointed and guilty
for calling her for a probably false labor. She told me and dh to try to sleep and she camped out on the couch.
Contractions were to hard to sleep through tho.
700am: The boys woke up, and midwife suggested we go for a walk. The walk was no fun, I had to stop and breath through each
contraction. Some of them I would even squat and my youngest DS would squat with me... he was too cute.
800am: Midwife check me again to I was 4-5 cms.... I felt a sense of relief that I was progessing. Because my other labors were 8 hours and 4 hours long.
900am: DH wanted to go get breakfest from the restraunt down the street, but I couldnt handle him leaving so I decided I would cook breakfest.
This is where everything got blurry, so I dont know the times... but I finished making eggs and cutting fresh fruit and feeding the boys..of coursestopping with each contraction.Midwife was scrambling to find an assitant and was having dh help her set up everything which left me to labor through with my two hyper toddlers.The midwife decided that we should put the birth pool in the living room instead of in my bedroom where I had it set up, which upset me but I didn't say anything.We eventually decided to call family to come get kids because DH was having to do alot to help the midwife. I labored on all fours by the pool while they filled it up. Once it was half way full I got in and it really helped take the edge off, DH got in with me which was really sweet because I didn't think he would. I told them I was feeling a little pressure so midwife told me to push so I started to push and felt really ineffective, but I kept trying. Dh said he could feel and see his head when I would push, but when I stopped it would go right back in. I did this for about an hour and half or so and I was getting really worn out because I wasn't getting him any farther down. So I got out of the pool and the midwife checked and said I was 9 cm andsaid I should push while she pulled the lip of my cervix back. When she did that, I never had such bad pain in my life... I told her to get her fingers out of me. So I kept trying to push for another hour with no progress. So at about 1230pm I told my dh I felt something was wrong and I wanted to go to the hospital. Midwife tried to talk me out of it, but I felt like there just wasn't something adding up since I had no problems at all pushing my other two boys out.. they were 5 minutes of pushing. She finally called 911 and the ambulence came, they got me to the hospital and the on call doctor check me and said I was only 8 cm and my water had not broken like the midwife said. He broke my water and two contractions later I had Corbin Kai with two pushes. He was born at 146pm and was just beautiful...they put him on my chest right away and we had skin to skin time for a good 30 minutes before they took him for his exam.

Overall I felt upset with midwife because she was much more demanding than I wanted her to be, and I wasn't quite sure why she couldn't tell that my water wasn't broken...but I know had I gone into the hospital in the begining I would have ended up with alot of interventions since my labor was really lingering around this time.

June 18th, 2009, 07:35 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sorry you had issues with your midwife

CONGRATS on your newest arrival! Any pictures for us to admire?!
June 18th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
congratulations!!!

June 18th, 2009, 11:30 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
sorry about your midwife, congrats on Corbin!

June 19th, 2009, 08:44 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry about how things went with your midwife. I'm also glad you decided to go with your gut!

Congratulations on Corbin!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
June 20th, 2009, 09:01 AM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on the new LO. Sorry about your midwife. That's really odd. Glad that you went with your gut.

June 21st, 2009, 02:05 PM
Regular
I'm having issues loading issues pictures directly but heres a couple pictures, one if the webnursey they do at the hospital.

More about the Baby

Login | Facebook

Login | Facebook

June 21st, 2009, 06:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to WendyBird Send a message via Yahoo to WendyBird
Congratulations. I'm sorry you were having issues with your midwife and had to go to the hospital.

June 23rd, 2009, 01:57 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i'm sorry things did not go as planned, but a big congrats to you, mama!!!
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search