For those of you who have already had your HB

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 25th, 2009, 07:30 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was it what you had planned for, hoped for or expected?

Did anything go different than how you had hoped/planned for it to go?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
July 26th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Hi I am new to this forum, and had my second homebirth last september, the first the previous august and i am hoping to have another tin feb/march. One thing i didint count on with the second homebirth was how quickly i progressed, i couldnt beleive it when the midwife told me i was 10cm, so the one thing i didnt bank on was how easy it would be! How lucky is that!!!
Also it is very easy to feel a bit of a void after your homebirth, without the fanfare that goes with hospital births, the visitors the flowers the fussing nurses, and if elt this like the baby blueson the second day after baby was born, like why werent allthes epeople banging down my door with fluffy teddies and too big baby grows! But all in all they both have been the most amazing things to happen in my life, and i am hoping the third will be the same!
July 27th, 2009, 11:03 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My 2nd baby was my 1st home birth and the only thing that really went differently was he was a land birth and I had planned on having him in the water.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
July 31st, 2009, 05:28 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
It went pretty much as planned: water home birth, left alone the majority of the labor except for BP checks, heartrate checks and 2 internal checks and the 3 hours in the birth pool. It was more than I hoped for, it went sooo well, it was beautiful and peaceful and gave me such a high, still does. I'm so proud of myself! But other than that I didn't know what to expect with pain and labor, since it was my first baby. Homebirths are amazing. We love them. They are so totally for us and I'm so glad we decided on one and got one!

At first we wanted the midwife we saw the mst in attendance but she was at my friend's birth so we got the other midwife who we met/talked with first, but we are so glad and thankful we got the first impression midwife. She was the perfect fit. Not really, except for being in labor for 26 hours. I hoped it'd be shorter, based on family history of shorter labors. But that's ok.

August 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Super Mommy
Both were more than I had hoped for or expected. Just an amazing experiance both times.

With my first I had planned on walking around while laboring, but I kept throwing up whenever I was upright, so I ended up laboring on my side quite a bit. With my second I never expected it to go so quickly, I protested that I wasn't ready to push yet right up until the baby hit my perinium and I realized that I really was fully dialated!
August 13th, 2009, 04:41 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Was it what you had planned for, hoped for or expected? It was about exactly as I had mentally pictured---funny thing was I had "planned" for a 6pm birth and he came at 5:50pm LOL.

I didn't plan on throwing up during labor so many times.
August 17th, 2009, 07:07 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My birth was definitely different than I had envisioned it. I didn't expect for it to last 3 days to begin with!! I also didn't expect the pushing to be more difficult than my second birth. I figured the third would be easier. Granted, I still only pushed for a few minutes, but at the time it felt a lot longer!!!!

As for changing anything... Kate had some breathing problems initially, was quite blue and required oxygen that my midwives had to administer. I certainly didn't expect that, and thus wasn't able to nurse her or hold her for a little bit. Obviously I knew it was best, but I certainly feel like I missed out on those precious moments right after the birth.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search