Where in your house?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 17th, 2009, 03:14 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Where in your house do you plan on laboring and birthing? For those who have had a home birth, where did you labor and birth your baby? Was it where you planned?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 17th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I have a TINY house so this is a concern for me. I'm planning a waterbirth and most likely the tub will be set up in my dining room in front of the pantry (which we don't really use).

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 17th, 2009, 05:07 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have a small upstairs, my tub was set up smack dab in the middle of my living room. I couldn't put it in my basement because there is no bathroom down there and i had to pee, a lot. And there was NO WAY I was walking up a flight of stairs to pee!

Most of my laboring was in my living room, bathroom and my bedroom. Dane was born on land at the very end of my big couch. I used that to lean over while i pushed. My husband jokes that on his 1st birthday this November we're going to take him to see where he was born A mere few feet away haha. Funny enough, as I type this, he is standing against the exact same spot of the couch he was born.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 17th, 2009, 05:25 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I plan to set up the pool in the middle of the living room. It has hardwood floors so no carpet to mess up. Plus, it gives me easy access to the kitchen and a bathroom.

August 17th, 2009, 05:59 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I labored all around our 2 br apartment. Started in the spare bedroom, when I was trying to sleep, couldn't sleep of course, then I kept jumping into the hot shower, then I was in the living room on the yoga ball for a bit, then I went to our bedroom and was on the yoga ball in there and then some on the toilet, and then I was in the birth pool that we set up in the dining room/living room. DS was born in the pool.

August 17th, 2009, 07:00 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I had two different plans... depending on the time of day I was in labor. If it was daytime, I wanted to give birth in my bedroom, with the tub upstairs as well. However if it was at night, I was going to labor and give birth in the living room. I figured that I wouldn't want to disturb my older two daughters at night. I ended up going to into hard active labor at about 11pm, so we set up the tub in the living room, and thats where Kate was born.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 19th, 2009, 06:41 PM
UrbanMomma's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to UrbanMomma
I had three homebirths. DD #1 was born in the living room. DD#2 was born in the bathroom (I told them I didn't need to go!! LOL) and my youngest son was born in my bedroom. The bedroom was what I planned each time. Now we just moved from that house last month after 11 years of living there. The saddest thing was thinking about not being there where my babies had been born.
#12 is on the way
August 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM
DoulaMama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
we'll be having the baby in our master suite... it has tile, a bed, a loveseat, and plenty of space for the tub, plus my jacuzzi tub is close by, and the toilet and shower are too. plus most of our home is raised up, and is over 45 yrs old... so I want to do it on the part that is on the slab, b/c those tubs are heavy.

August 20th, 2009, 12:39 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Our house is TINY so I'm planning on having the pool in the living room and I have easy access to the bathroom and bedroom then too.
August 22nd, 2009, 03:57 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i am planning for my mom's living room. it is the most spacious room, and has tile floors. i would prefer to be outside, but in jan/feb, in detroit, i don't think so...
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

August 23rd, 2009, 08:59 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
I labored in the living room for most of it - on my birthing ball and in the rocking chair. Then I moved to the tub and transitioned there. Then I moved to the shower and gave birth there. Water got turned off when his head was out lol.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search