Was there ever a point...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
In your pregnancy or during labor that you doubted your ability to have your baby at home? How did you deal with that?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 18th, 2009, 08:16 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Definitely yes, especially when I bled for a week straight when I was 35 weeks. That put me in the ER for a few hours and then on bedrest till the bleeding stopped. I got a lot of guff from the OB and nurses in the hospital. That made me question my ability.

There were parts of my delivery that I wanted her to break my water, I was pushing at that point. I am not one of those women who's water breaks and then goes into labor. I go into labor and my water breaks during pushing. So I wanted it broken and i wanted the drugs. However i only said these things to myself in my head. I didn't say it outloud.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 18th, 2009, 08:57 AM
_Brandy_'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to _Brandy_
I didn't. I had 2 babies already before I had a homebirth so I felt very comfortable with it all.

August 18th, 2009, 12:25 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I had nightmares of things I saw while I was an L&D nurse---and for a few moments post-waking up I had thoughts of "what am I donig!" LOL, I listened to my pregnancy affirmations and fear release sessions (hypnobabies) and all was good again.
August 18th, 2009, 04:39 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
I only doubted it at 21 weeks when I lost my mucus plug and thought my baby was coming early, I was so worried, I knew then there would be no way I'd get my longed for homebirth.

ANd then again when I was 41 weeks, I had to get an NST done and I thought it was going to show low fluid levels and i'd be rushed to L&D and induced. Thankfully everything was fine!

August 18th, 2009, 05:58 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by inyourhonor View Post
Definitely yes, especially when I bled for a week straight when I was 35 weeks. That put me in the ER for a few hours and then on bedrest till the bleeding stopped. I got a lot of guff from the OB and nurses in the hospital. That made me question my ability.

There were parts of my delivery that I wanted her to break my water, I was pushing at that point. I am not one of those women who's water breaks and then goes into labor. I go into labor and my water breaks during pushing. So I wanted it broken and i wanted the drugs. However i only said these things to myself in my head. I didn't say it outloud.
Ditto that! And I definitely begged my midwife to break my water for me. With Julia's birth (a waterbirth at a birthing center with a midwife), my midwife broke my water at around 5 or 6 cm, it sent me right into transition and Julia was born about 40 minutes later, and I barely pushed. So when I hit transition with Kate... I was begging for my water to be broken, since I knew that when it was, she would be born quickly. Of course when my water broke she was born about 5 minutes later.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search