Weekly check in

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2009, 06:37 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We need to start doing these again!

Let's check in ladies, who's here, who's lurking! How are you? How is life? Your kids/pregnancies?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 21st, 2009, 09:03 AM
Hey There's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here! 35 weeks and change. Had an appointment on Wed and everything is going fine. getting sick of expanding but other then that, no complaints. The next visit is in 2 weeks and it's the 'home' visit so I need to finish getting the birth kit together. It's coming!!!!
August 21st, 2009, 10:28 AM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
2 week old london has grown from his 6lbs 10oz birth wt to 7lbs 14oz!!! WOW. He is a great baby...only twice has he cried for more then 30 seconds (during tests only!). He sleeps great and just seems to be a happy calm baby. We couldn't be more happy!
August 21st, 2009, 10:34 AM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
My lil baby is 7 months old today!!! :'( He's growing up too fast. He's crawling, babbling and has a tooth!

August 21st, 2009, 10:51 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Doing okay here. My appointment with my midwife keeps getting delayed which is frustrating since I need to talk to her about money and I'm not looking forward to it! Hopefully today at 4 we'll actually HAVE that appointment!

my 2 year old is pretty much potty trained now (daytime) so woohoo!

Pregnancy is going well. I seem to get random episodes of spotting every 3-4 weeks throughout this pregnancy which is bizarre. Haven't figure out yet what is causing it...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

August 21st, 2009, 11:28 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are good! My oldest who is 3 1/2 is going to preschool next month. I can't believe it! Time has flown by and I'm just in shock we're finally at the schooling part.

My home birth baby Dane is going to be 9 months on the 28th! He says mama, dada, he growls, clicks his tongue, he is crawling and starting to get the guts to want to walk. He has 6 teeth (2 on the bottom and 4 on top) and hes just so sweet and cuddly!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
August 21st, 2009, 05:17 PM
tygrss's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm doing okay. I'm 14 weeks and some days, so officially in the second trimester. WOOT!
The morning sickness has waned for the most part and the indigestion is kicking in, but nothing too big to worry about.
I have a midwife appointment scheduled for Monday and I can't wait. I really need to hear bean's heartbeat (I hate this inbetween time when symptoms are waning, but it's still to early to feel definitive/constant movement!).

August 21st, 2009, 08:55 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
Doing good... 17 weeks, no more m/s. Have a midwife appointment on the 28th.

My oldest starts kindergarten in a week and a half. And my other one is getting into the terrible two's but wants to potty train... It's interesting around here!
August 22nd, 2009, 08:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
26 weeks! 27 on tuesday! So 3 days till bump is fully baked! I plan to have a home birth in our house truck, weve settled in one spot in a natunal park next to loch lomond.

Had a run in with an obstitrician who dosent seam to belive women can give birth naturally. So Ive told him where to go .

Midwifes will drop round teh birthing kit at 29 weeks, but will have it on stand by after tuesday and will bring it over asap when its needed! They even suply ground sheets and towels so I have little clearing up afterwards which i didnt know!

Lots being sick with heart burn, so Im out of bed most mornings at five! And lots of BH!

I am SO EXCITED
August 22nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
Del4's Avatar Super Mommy
Got my unassisted homebirth - albeit unplanned! lol the story is over on natural childbirth if anyone is interested.

Arei Gracen is now 2 weeks old and is such a good little guy! BFing perfectly and after his first appt. at just a few days old, the doc said he didn't need to see us again until 2 months. Yay! I may take him in at 1 month just to make sure he's gaining okay and all that, but I may not.

I'm doing great! Been feeling awesome since about 2 days PP. I just wish the bleeding would stop, then I'd be totally back to normal!

The twins went back to school on the 13th. They are enjoying 1st grade.

Reicher is adapting well to Arei. He gives him kisses and tries to poke his eyes (not trying to be mean, he just likes to point the parts of his face and tell me their names lol).

We have three birthdays coming up, so we're getting ready for those. All in all, life is good.

August 22nd, 2009, 03:55 PM
justjaQ's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
i am doing well, into my second trimester now, at 14 weeks. still haven't any insurance, so have no idea if i can go through with the home birth, but i soooo badly want it....
timothy michael, august 31, 2003, 12:02pm, 8 lb. 4 oz., 21"- 38 wks.
melissa may, april 7, 2006, 1:31pm, 7 lb. 10.5 oz., 19.5"- 36.5 wks
nicholas michael, january 31, 2010, 5:12pm, 5 lb. 11 oz., 18.25"- 37.1 wks
damon michael, january 21, 2012, 1:31am, 6 lb. 14 oz., 20", 38 wks
rainbow baby left me at 6-1/2 weeks on 09.08.12~ never forgotten, sweet child

August 22nd, 2009, 09:12 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i'm here too! both of my kiddos are in the middle of chicken pox so that's been a big hurdle that we aren't quite over yet. i'm due in 9 days so i'm just waddling around waiting for baby to come. i'm nervous about the labor even though this is my 3rd home birth but so excited to find out if this baby is a boy or girl! hopefully soon!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

August 24th, 2009, 08:21 AM
noworries
25 weeks here and doing great. Starting to get a few of the normal aches and pains of pregnancy but besides that I can't complain.
My daughter is almost 20 months now....I can't believe it. She is talking up a storm and the potty learning is in full force now. Hoping that she'll have the hang of it before baby #2 comes along in about 3 months.
August 24th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I'm here, sorta. We just moved last week, so things are so crazy and hectic. I don't think I've sat down for more than 5 minutes at a time for the past week. The girls are doing well, Lily starts K in two weeks, and Julia starts preschool as well. Kate is about 16 months now, she's trouble, j/k... she wants to be just like her older sisters and do everything they can do, its too cute!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
August 25th, 2009, 07:45 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I lurk a lot I will be 20 weeks tomorrow with our 5th baby girl. I have always used a midwife, but at the hospital. This time, I want to have a home birth badly! I see my midwife again next week.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
August 27th, 2009, 11:39 AM
Martina's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
karissa is 6 weeks old and colicky so not much time for anything here

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search