How far of a drive

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2009, 10:31 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
How far away is your midwife from where you live? How did you deal with any concerns about your midwife not making it.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 2nd, 2009, 12:06 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
My student, who is the primary provider, is 30 minutes and her predecessor is 2 hrs. I'm not thinking that either is going to miss.
September 2nd, 2009, 01:06 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
15 minutes on a non-traffic summer day and any time during winter if the roads were cleared. So pretty much about 10 miles. During busy summer days, probably 30-40 minutes. Mainly at one specific light when you hit the start of downtown. Her house is right there but the traffic lines that sit there during the lights are horrible!

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
she was 15-30 min away depending on traffic
September 2nd, 2009, 04:57 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
My midwives were about 45 minutes to an hour away. My directions for labor was to call them when I started, then they'd hang out local to me until I needed them. My labor with Kate stretched on for days, they ended up spending the night one night, but labor stopped, so they went home.. When it started again 2 days later, they came by to check me, then went to go eat dinner... they came back to check on me after they ate, and then one planned on heading home, and the other midwife was going to spend the night...

but then labor picked up again and I was happy they were both there... Kate was born a couple hours later!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 2nd, 2009, 04:58 PM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
my midwife lives a mile and a half away! i'm pretty sure she could run and get here on time!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

September 2nd, 2009, 05:40 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
She lives a 30 minute drive away. Probably *could* make it in 20 if necessary. We aren't too concerned about not making it, I'm pretty okay with delivering without if we had to, plus the hospital is only 4 blocks away.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 2nd, 2009, 08:28 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine is about 55 minutes away on a good day. We have major traffic problems here. So, as long as I don't go into labor during rush hour, it should be okay. One time I did go fast... 3 hours from water breaking to delivery. So, once it starts, she should get here and stay

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
September 2nd, 2009, 10:03 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Mine literally was 1 minute away by car or about 6 minutes walking! It was nice!! Now it's about 10 minutes away since we moved to a bigger apartment.

September 3rd, 2009, 05:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
DP says in a car it would be 5-10 minutes but were not sure as weve only driven it in a horse lorrie and that was i think 23 minutes! But Im pretty sure our midwife wont be coming in a horse lorrie!

So Im pretty sure they will make it, as long as they arnt busy!
September 3rd, 2009, 09:54 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
On a non traffic time of day about 20 minutes...with a little traffic maybe 30. I am just going with the thought that she will make it. I think she told me she has missed one birth in her whole career of 28 years and it's because a lady went really early and she (midwife) was on vacation!
September 4th, 2009, 11:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
10 minutes of in-city driving, no highways and her practice is literally less than 4 blocks away.
September 5th, 2009, 08:51 AM
Aeterna's Avatar Super Speshil
About 30 minutes away. I'm prepared for a UC if she doesn't make it in time. I precip. My last midwife lived about an hour from us.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search