Do you compare births

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 2nd, 2009, 02:13 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Not of your own between each other. But do you compare your birth to other people's births?

Such as, can you separate your feelings towards one idea of birth (natural and home birthing) to another persons idea of birthing (medicated and hospital)?

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 2nd, 2009, 02:50 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
I try not to but I sometimes do...
September 2nd, 2009, 03:08 PM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't compare births. I know everyone is different and their situations are different, so I can't say a homebirth is right for them etc.
September 2nd, 2009, 04:25 PM
soImarriedAnerd's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I do...but more for a research brain....I like to see the type of people and what they pick and then MORE so I like to see the difference in personality of the baby when it gets here. Is it just me or is natural born babies more calm and less fussy then babies with drugs?
September 2nd, 2009, 05:13 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Hmmm thats a difficult question. I try really hard not to compare one experience to another... but sometimes its really hard.

When I was in labor with Kate, one of my oldest childhood friends was in labor back in my hometown. My mother and her mother are best friends, and my mom was present during my friends labor. Throughout my labor I'd get calls from my mom and friend to update me and vice versa. She was pregnant with her first, and had gone the OB route, but was set on a natural childbirth. She labored at my parents house all day, and then went into the hospital, she was able to labor naturally there as well, but a the evening and night progressed, she "had" to have pitocin, then the epidural came, then the c/s. As I was laboring at home and getting updates on her, I just felt so let down for her.... I knew it wasn't what she wanted, but despite her efforts an research it wasn't a choice she was given. It is hard for me not to compare our experiences, even though I know I shouldn't.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Quote:
Originally Posted by soImarriedAnerd View Post
I do...but more for a research brain....I like to see the type of people and what they pick and then MORE so I like to see the difference in personality of the baby when it gets here. Is it just me or is natural born babies more calm and less fussy then babies with drugs?
Same here. And I so agree! It's so crazy and cool. I also think that natural birthed babies are a bit more alert

September 3rd, 2009, 02:15 PM
I had the opposite experience with my babies. My hospital baby was calm and less fussy, my HB baby was our fussy one!

Killian's Birth Story
September 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
That's interesting Marissa

September 3rd, 2009, 08:56 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I sometimes wonder if Elizabeth's calmness and alertness (EVERYONE kept commenting on it from day one) was because I did not really have drugs. The spinal went in less than 5 minutes before she was out. Even though nothing went how I wanted it to, I feel like at least I gave that to her.

It is hard for me not to "call" other people's births. Like you just KNOW which girls in your DDC will have a section.

It's just hard for me not to be jealous of girls who do everything "wrong" and get a vaginal birth when I did everything "right" and still got cut open.

Last edited by Sk8ermaiden; September 3rd, 2009 at 09:04 PM.
September 3rd, 2009, 09:06 PM
Kellie, I know exactly how you feel. I decided instead of settling for the pick the next ones birthday route, I wanted to show myself that I wasn't broken and could do it the way I had hoped.

I hope you are able to have the birth the next time (if you plan on having another )

Killian's Birth Story
September 3rd, 2009, 09:25 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks! I am totally already planning a HBAC! My midwife says I'm perfect for it and I will be a spinningbabies fiend (DD was stuck sideways).

I love the natural birth and home birth boards on this forum. It's the only place I feel like people really "get" how I feel about birth without me having to use 1,364,578 words to try to get it across.

September 3rd, 2009, 09:36 PM
! I saw a chiropractor to help make sure Dane stayed head own and anterior since Gage was head down and posterior.

Killian's Birth Story

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search