Finally introducing myself!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 3rd, 2009, 09:49 AM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I have been lurking for awhile and figured I should come out of lurkerdom and say hello! I recognize a lot of you from the Natural Childbirth forum so that's nice.

I'm currently 35 1/2 weeks pregnant and will be having my first homebirth soon. I already have one son who was a full on induction, etc and knew after that I would be doing it differently if I was ever blessed with another child. When we moved to my town I was quite upset that they didn't have a birthing center because I wanted a waterbirth with a midwife, but still wanted to feel safe. I soon found out I could only labor in water in the hospitals here, not birth, but could use a midwife. I knew then it was homebirth for us because I had always wanted a waterbirth! After reading and reading loads of info I am now happy that I won't be doing a birthcenter, but having my new little guy in the comfort of my bedroom. I wouldn't have it any other way

My hubby is very supportive of it, he trusts my judgements completely and is very excited. We are very lucky in that we have family support and surprisingly have received no resistance from anyone we have told about our choice. I actually have gotten a lot of 'You go girl!'...a lot from men...LOL. Only one family member is weird about it and her biggest issue is what my midwife is gonna give me for the pain because I HAVE to have something.

Well, that's enough rambling for now. I look forward to getting to know you ladies better and participating on this board. I've already learned a lot from just reading the threads.
September 3rd, 2009, 10:13 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
Welcome! I've encountered about the same responses from people too! I also have one sister that's kinda weird about it - she just doesn't really "get" it. My mom is weird about the "clean up" and doesn't understand really that the midwives do most of that.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome and congratulations! I am your host Marisa My home birth was my 2nd child also and he was a successful HBAC.

I had some comments along the lines of me just HAVING to have the pain medications haha. I was like, if thats what you want, go for it but I don't think I could convince my midwife to bring an epidural with her even if I wanted to

Can't wait to get to know more about you and just jump in! We have a great group of ladies here

Expecting our 4th baby BOY due May 14th

Our Nest
September 3rd, 2009, 12:01 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Welcome to the group, and congrats on your upcoming birth!! Please feel free to jump right in, I'd love to get to know you better!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search