Friday Five

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2009, 04:46 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
1. How did you tell DH about your pregnancy?
2. How did you tell your parents and inlaws about your pregnancy?
3. How soon did you decide you'd be having a homebirth?
4. How many midwives did you talk to before picking the midwife you wanted?
5. What was the greatest memory from your pregnancy?

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
September 25th, 2009, 05:38 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both pregnancies he knew i was taking the test. Well, with our 1st, I took it before he woke up. Then woke him up going "uhh.." With Dane, he stood there while I peed haha.

My mom and stepdad, circled the due date on our calendar and made the figure it out. It took about 10 minutes haha. My IL's we just called them. Same with my dad, they all live 4hrs away.

Before we were officially pregnant, then even more so afterwards.

I called around and spoke to a CNM who does hospital births and supported VBAC's but no backing doctor would support me. So, I was left to find something else. I only spoke to 1 midwife and when we met her, we knew she was the one we wanted.

Um, having him? Haha. I guess the whole pregnancy, minus the week of bleeding and not knowing why when I was 35wks

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
September 25th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
I took the test to him and asked if he could see the second line. It was reeeeeaaaaly faint

It was kinda funny. I decided to wait a bit before telling them. On April Fool's Day I emailed my mom a pic of my pregnancy test. Didn't say anything else (found out later my sister had JUST played an April fool's joke telling my mom she was pg about half an hour earlier). So she just assumed it was a joke. A couple days later we went shopping and I made my way over to the baby/maternity section. She gave me a funny look and I just told her "well, I never SAID it was an april fool's joke!!" hee hee

We actually wanted one with my last pregnancy but didn't go through with it. So we knew from the get go that we'd be planning one.

Just the one. I actually met her several months before I got pg when I went with a friend to her appointment and I liked her right off the bat.

So far there really hasn't been any particular "memories" to speak of. Just a typical pregnancy for me. I tend to have easy pregnancies so most of it is pleasant.

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

September 25th, 2009, 09:15 PM
lhug_nar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to lhug_nar Send a message via MSN to lhug_nar Send a message via Yahoo to lhug_nar
1. How did you tell DH about your pregnancy? He was the one to tell me... He read the test...
2. How did you tell your parents and inlaws about your pregnancy? We just told them when we were ready to reveal it.
3. How soon did you decide you'd be having a homebirth? Almost immediately when we found out we were pregnant again.
4. How many midwives did you talk to before picking the midwife you wanted? 1, but we've always been really comfortable with her and she was waiting for us to call her with the BFP
5. What was the greatest memory from your pregnancy?So far, it's been feeling the baby kicking and moving....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search