Birth Kit Question

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 11th, 2009, 05:56 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am going to be ordering my birth kit in a couple weeks (from inhishands.com). My midwife has a custom kit there and looks like it includes a lot of stuff. Then she has a separate list of stuff like towels, shower curtain liner, heating pad, etc.

However, I was wondering from you BTDT moms, is there anything you wish you had more of? anything that wasn't in your kit that you wanted? I want to add some things to her kit when I buy it, but I wanted to check with the experts here and see if there's anything you wish you would have bought or had more of?

Thanks!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
November 11th, 2009, 07:19 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I used a lot of towels but only because I was in and out of my birth pool. Thinking about it, i think everything that was on my midwifes list was used and we didn't go over, well, except for my towels haha.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 11th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I second having lots of towels and receiving blankets on hand. Towels were helpful because i was in and out of the shower and in the pool. Receiving blankets because Kate pooped about 6 times in the first hour she was born. She wasn't diapered right away so we went through a lot of blankets cleaning up the messes.

I'd also have to say straws. I think its much easier to be in hard labor and to take a sip of a drink through a straw then have to hold the water bottle or cup in my hands and drink it. Seems silly, I'm sure, but you gotta keep hydrated and a straw was easier for me.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 11th, 2009, 01:22 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I purchased my birth kit directly from my midwife then she had a list of things for me to get such as towels, olive oil, washclothes, etc. I ended up using the new towels I bought and then some of my old towels (I bought white ones that could be bleached)...so extra towels are good like the other ladies said. I ditto the straw thing! I had some in my birthing kit and couldnt figure out why they were in there then when my mom brought me a glass of water my midwife popped one out so I could sip! Made drinking much easier.
November 11th, 2009, 02:10 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never thought about the straws to purchase, I keep a ton of them in the house because of my oldest loves to use them haha. I agree bout them! I wouldn't have drank anything if i didn't have a straw now that im thinking about it.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 11th, 2009, 02:31 PM
I'm glad I'm not the only one that relied on straws for drinks. It was much easier to have someone just put the straw to my mouth than do anything else!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 12th, 2009, 10:57 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think her kit has 2 straws in it. So, I'll be sure to have more. She has 4 large, soft towels on her other list, so I guess I'll double that?

Thanks!!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
November 12th, 2009, 11:55 AM
Yeah I'd double the towels if you are planning or think you may labor in water.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search