I think let something slip by...

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 12th, 2009, 12:45 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok I am going for a vba3c, and I went to my Ob yesterday, I have been sitting here just thinking about something.
At the end of the appointment, she had this odd kind of worried look on her face. She asked me if I had any more questions. (I haven't told her about the hb m/w yet. I did tell me GP he thought it was a great idea) So I told her that I am Vbacing and she got all upset, telling me that they wouldn't be able to use the pitocin. Like I wanted that crap anyway that's how I got in this position in the first place!. So I told her that I didn't want any drugs at all no pit no epi NOTHING! She wants to make sure that I know the risks of vbac, I said yes I do could you tell me the risks for a ercs??? She looked rather dumb founded that somebody asked her that LOL! Before she could answer I started spitting out all of the risks to me and to my baby.
So then she says that we will see how the baby is positioned and if I am progressing at around 37 weeks. Now forgive me if I am wrong but, I don't think that not dilating or having a breech baby at 37 weeks means a whole lot? Happy that I got some reaction besides just a no, I never really thought about it until I was on the long drive home with a broken radio and quite sleeping kids in the back.
I just got lip service! I have heard this so many times from other VBAC hopeful moms. Promised a VBAC and at the end when so late they can't find another doc to take their case and denied at the last minute.
Well I have news for her I already have plans and options, and even if she tries it with me I am not delivering in a hospital! I will on the other hand continue to see her for the next few months because of previous cervical issues. I won't be the one caught unaware though!

November 12th, 2009, 01:19 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I love how you asked her about the risks of an ERCS. I bet she hadn't heard that before!!! Way to go. i think its so awesome you are informed and aren't willing to take lip service from anyone. Way to go!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 12th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Sk8ermaiden's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
37 FREAKING WEEKS? What kind of crack is she smoking?

November 12th, 2009, 02:42 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hear you, I mean I have never failed to dilate a bit around that time. But I will let this LO come in his own time. I was a month late and transverse. My mom's Doc turned me and I was born vaginally and healthy. If it ain't broke don't fix it!

November 13th, 2009, 03:27 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good for you!

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search