BTDT moms: Did your appearance change soon before labor?

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2009, 09:16 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Not really home birth related at all, but I figured I'd just ask in here.

For those of you who have done this before, did you find your appearance changed soon before labor? My mom keeps asking me if I look different? I keep asking her what she means and she keeps saying "you know, your face, your hair, your eyes, *you*, do you look different?"

And I feel like I've heard that before, that you kind of take on a different look in the days before labor starts, but is that just an old wive's tale? Anybody else hear that or experience that?
November 15th, 2009, 09:28 AM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know a few friends who's feet size changed but that was it.

I don't think any of my appearance changed since having my boys. Well, except stretchmarks haha. I also noticed that my hair takes longer to grow now than it did before my 2nd, who knows if thats related or not.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 15th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
not that I've noticed...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 15th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I don't think any part of my appearance changed before labor.

November 15th, 2009, 08:56 PM
MrsPil's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Nope, not unless you count the fact that my eyelids were closed more often than they were open...
"I trust birth—not birth attendants—for if you only trust birth that is attended then you really don't trust birth at all. You trust the attendant. And then you start over. Who? Doctor, surgeon, CNM, CPM, SIM? And it goes on and on...." - Carla Hartley
"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Gandhi
"What good fortune for those in power that people do not think." - Adolph Hitler

November 15th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I noticed my belly was lower (the "dropping" of the baby)...that's it though before labor started....

as far as how i've changed since having kids...well LOL....that is a whole other story

We aren't to give a baby milk, berries, or peanut butter. We are to introduce new foods one at a time. But it's OK to inject several viruses, bacteria, aluminum, formaldehyde, phenoxyethanol, animal serum, mercury, squalene and more into an 8 week old? I don't think so.
In order to be healthy it is an unfortunate fact that people must be allowed the opportunity to be ill. I trust my body and those of my children to work correctly against the relatively benign diseases they vax for, and do not trust the ingredients in the vaccinations.
Our choice to not vax isn't based in ignorance, poverty, conspiracy theory and rumor. It's research, common sense, fact and evidence based..something the medical community has largely forgot about.
November 15th, 2009, 11:04 PM
catherineclare's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I didn't notice a change in appearance, but about 4 hours before my water broke I got really nasty! We went to dinner so I could get some eggplant parmigiana and I snapped at the hostess and just sat throughout the meal complaining. My hubby and mom who were with me kept laughing at me because I was just saying crazy stuff...I honestly wasn't sure why I was instantly in a crazy bad mood. I came home started having bloody show then my water broke at midnight. So...not so much appearance, but my mood became horrible..lol
November 16th, 2009, 05:32 PM
flitabout's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Past the baby dropping which felt weird not much change, DS was big and didn't have far to go, my girls never got that far.

November 18th, 2009, 12:50 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So, I asked my mom to elaborate on this whole thing and she just said "you know, *the look*, that look of a woman who's about to go but doesn't know it yet, *the look*, for pete's sake!" So, not very helpful.

I'm going to ask my midwife about this, see if she's heard this wive's tale before.
November 18th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Platinum Supermommy
LOL the look...way to describe it mom

Last edited by ~*Bethy*~; November 18th, 2009 at 02:35 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search