freaking ay!

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2009, 04:33 PM
CameraLinds's Avatar Zane & Jude's mama
Stupid stupid gov't!!!

As getting DS SSN was hard enough......we're now having the run around getting his passport so we can get a visa to move overseas as DH got a job in London. Ahhhh. this is ridiclous. We spent over $175 to expediate to have it today and we don't!! this is delaying us. They didn't say anything about having proof of being born at home since it's not an official birth certificate issued my the hospital. GRRR that's just retarded. It is a birth certification just at home instead of a hospital. I don't get this why?!?!?!!?

Why are they so discriminatory against homebirths?!??

I'm sooo freaking pissed off!!!!!!

November 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
Oh no! I'm surprised that they are treating his birth certificate this way. Our birth certificate was issued by our town clerk's office, so it has the seal on it and such. Its identical to my girls that were born in a hospital, other than the location is different.

I'm really sorry you having these issues, I hope they get resolved soon!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 17th, 2009, 04:49 PM
thanks! (thats how his is...we went down to the vital records to get it, its not a copy either grrr)

November 17th, 2009, 04:52 PM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I can't imagine how stressful and frustrating it must be. Ugh. I hope that it gets sorted very soon!!

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 17th, 2009, 04:59 PM
thanks, it is very very stressful and aggravating. not to mention delaying us in our visa application but just so discrminatory!

November 18th, 2009, 08:04 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is annoying!!! Sorry you're dealing with this.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
November 18th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
As Canadians living in the U.S., we're super nervous about this (birth certificates, passports, etc.) too. I talked to our MW about it and apparently in our state (WA), she just enters and submits the information just like the hospital would.

But, of course, I'm worried about it.

I really hope this resolves itself fast. I know how stressful visa stuff and international moves can be, the last thing you need are even more delays.
November 18th, 2009, 01:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope it came today!!
November 18th, 2009, 02:09 PM
Thanks everyone. We had to go to the federal office and give letters from proof of his HB....felt like we were applying for his BC again so ridicolous and then they told us to come back in 3 hours. Grrr so we had to go back 3 hours later to pick up the passport. So my DH lost time/money from work because of the gov't being discriminatory against homebirths since they don't like/approve of them. sooo NOT write. It was easier getting his BC than a passport....makes no sense and them saying his BC isn't true/real because he wasn't born in a hospital?!?

November 18th, 2009, 04:04 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Quote:
Originally Posted by jess5377 View Post
As Canadians living in the U.S., we're super nervous about this (birth certificates, passports, etc.) too. I talked to our MW about it and apparently in our state (WA), she just enters and submits the information just like the hospital would.

But, of course, I'm worried about it.

I really hope this resolves itself fast. I know how stressful visa stuff and international moves can be, the last thing you need are even more delays.
I live in WA and had 0 problems with my DD's birth certificate/SS card. I had her at a birth center.

Lids, I'm so sorry their being so obnoxious! You obviously have a child, it's not like he doesn't exist!

November 18th, 2009, 04:14 PM
inyourhonor's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That is just not right! How horrible of them. I hope everything gets squared away and you guys can move without anymore issues like this.

Killian Rivers born April 17th at 36 weeks

Killian's Birth Story
November 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM
Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not over reacting!

We did finally get it though thankfully. But I'm still unhappy with this process.

November 18th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
I live in WA and had 0 problems with my DD's birth certificate/SS card. I had her at a birth center.
Thank you for the reassurance. I guess I'm just nervous since neither DH or I are U.S. citizens ourselves and I don't know how it's going to go down getting either a U.S. passport or a CDN one for the kid.

I guess we'll find out, but it sounds like it's going to be okay.
November 19th, 2009, 07:25 PM
UPDATE-----

I'm sooooooooooo FN P-O'ed at the passport service company we used to get DS passport within 24-48 hours.

We needed his passport ASAP so DH could get his work to start his work visa as it takes like 4 weeks and they want him to start ASAP....so we went to a passport service company that we had to pay for their rushing service. We went on Saturday they said we'd have his passport Tuesday evening, so we paid for the 24-48 hour processing...along with the passport book fee and card fee to have. Since we didn't get his passport Tuesday evening like we were told and what we paid for, I'm obivously PO'ed we paid for something we didn't get and having to go to the federal building twice. We got his passport 20 hours later than what they said/we paid for. So wrong! They didn't even call DH to tell him it was on hold. DH called them cause I was on my way to go pick it up. Ridiclous!

When we did get his passport there was no passport card just the book. ***?? We paid for that too!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

So needless to say we're pissed. I'M SOOOOOOOOO MAD!!!! this is soooo not fair or right. So i emailed the company complaining and asking for a refund....(we paid $169 for the 24-48 hours and $35 for the card) Get this...the dude said he'd refund us $20!!!! WTH?!?!?!?!??!?

Man I'm even MORE mad now!!!

How does this email sound back???

"My husband was only informed right away about this because he called! If he didn't call we wouldn't have known and would have gone down there to pick up a passport that was not done. His passport was supposed to be completed on Tuesday evening.

Honestly, a refund of $20 is not good enough. We should be refunded the difference of the cost between the 24-48 hour passport processing fee and the 5 day one since it took 68 hours to get his passport. We paid $169 to get his passport within 24-48 hours NOT 68 hours. the 5 day processing fee of $125. $125 from $169 is $44. That should be the least amount you should be refunding us....NOT $20 measly dollars.

We also need to be refunded the cost of the passport card, $35, since we did NOT receive it but we PAID for it. You can't just expect a $20 refund to be good enough especially when we paid for something that cost us $35 that we did not receive. That is just ridiculous and not fair on so many levels.

So we should and need to be refunded the $44 difference and the $35 for the card we did not receive which totals to $79, that is THE LEASE you should do for us. Honestly I would be expecting a FULL refund....but I can see you are being to rude and inconsiderate and have very bad customer service to give us a FULL refund like other companies would do. So please at our request we demand a refund of $79.

Sincerely,
Lindsey ____"

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search