birth classes

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 29th, 2009, 10:05 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I might have asked this before, or someone else did, but I can't find the thread now. Maybe it was on one of the other boards.

Are you taking a birth class with your current pregnancy, or did you take one with your previous pregnancy? What kind of class did you take, and when did you start looking for one?

With Jonah, we took a bradley class. I really enjoyed it, but we waited until I was 20 weeks to start looking for classes in our area. It turned out, all of the instructors had a session already in progress and the next "batch" of sessions didn't start until after I was 34 weeks! I only got five classes (I think there are ten???) but my instructor was amazing and she even came to our house to help us learn what we needed to know for our birth.

I would like to take a bradley course again, and this time get the whole series in! I didn't think I'd want to, since we already did it, but I was watching a show the other day and they showed some of the exercises and I was like "oh yeah! I forgot about those! I should start doing them!" so I know there is a lot that I've forgotten, and DH too. Also, my midwife has someone go to the birthcenter to teach them, and it looks like we will be giving birth there, as we are STILL living in my in-law's house. I just don't think that I can be comfortable giving birth here. Anyway, I was thinking it would be a good idea to do these things in the birthing center, in the environment that I may be giving birth in.

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
December 1st, 2009, 05:21 AM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I took the normal childbirth class with my first baby. I don't think I used anything they "taught" in there.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 1st, 2009, 11:00 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I did Bradley classes when pregnant with Lily. I started at 24 weeks and had my last class at 36 weeks (it's usually 12 classes).

This time I'm just refreshing at home with my Bradley workbook rather than re-taking the class.

December 1st, 2009, 12:09 PM
Effervescence's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmmm.... maybe I should just go through the workbook too. I did use everything that I learned; a lot of it was taking care of myself while pregnant to prepare for birth. I know DH didnt get much out of it because he has a hard time paying attention. II'm just kind of thinking, if five weeks was helpful, maybe I should try to take the whole thing this time. At the same time, it's not cheap on our budget

Click the blinkies!

Thank You, Pattyandthemoos, for my beautiful siggy!
December 3rd, 2009, 08:55 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Since I've had 6 kids not going to be doing any childbirth classes here. I prefer listening to my body anyways. Of course I might read up on a few other methods. I only did the traditional breathing stuff and didn't find it particularly helpful or useful. I found it annoying being told to breath a certain way when that wasn't what felt good to me.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
December 3rd, 2009, 11:23 AM
HappyHippy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We won't be taking one with this pregnancy. We took one with our last one, just a regular childbirth class. It was taught by Doulas at the clinic and they went over everything from medicated births to natural births.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search