Now I'm afraid she won't see me, trying not to worry

Forum: Home Birth

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Home Birth LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 30th, 2009, 03:51 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Okay, I emailed 2 CPMs before finding the CNM that I made an appt with. Well, one CPM emailed back and basically dismissed my concerns about hemorrhaging and acted like the meds I got were just standard. (I know they weren't standard because the plan was to not have an IV in and I didn't have one in until after I started hemorrhaging and I also know what my hemoglobin levels were.) Anyhow, the second midwife emailed back yesterday and this is what she sent me.

Quote:
From the information gathered from your e-mail you are at a higher risk
for a homebirth. Furthermore I can understatnd your husband's reluctance in considering homebirth as an option of care.
From my experience the responsibilities involved in having a successful
homebirth entail the support of the husband and that the pregnancy be low risk.
I have finally got my dh on board, all be it reluctantly, and now getting this has me really discouraged. I have never considered myself high risk and never been transferred to the doctors from the midwives in my practice. I am really hoping because she is a CNM and can bring meds to the delivery that she will see me. It hadn't even occurred to me that she would not see me. Have any of you had any experience with being turned away from a midwife? Can you all keep your fingers crossed for me that she will see me? I really want to do this now and have got my heart set on it.

Check out my running blog - Wannabe Running Mama
November 30th, 2009, 06:26 AM
wifey2kevin's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to wifey2kevin Send a message via Yahoo to wifey2kevin
i've never been turned away so i dont have any experience there but i hope it all works out!

Survivor Mom - My Blog

November 30th, 2009, 07:22 AM
Kelllilee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kelllilee
It doesn't sound like she's saying you're "high risk" but that you are at a higher risk of problems with a homebirth. Seems like maybe she is just letting you know so that you can make the best decision...

Breastfeeding Peer Counselor, training to be an IBCLC!

November 30th, 2009, 08:05 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelllilee View Post
It doesn't sound like she's saying you're "high risk" but that you are at a higher risk of problems with a homebirth. Seems like maybe she is just letting you know so that you can make the best decision...
I'm hoping you're right. I think a homebirth with a CPM would be a no go, but hopefully since CNMs have access to meds for hemorrhaging I won't have any problems. I go next week for a preconception appt so I should know something soon. That is the only concern I have about having a homebirth and what kept me from pursuing this idea sooner.

November 30th, 2009, 09:52 AM
Twinkle's Avatar Platinum Super Mommy
I think your decision to go with a CNM over other midwives is important and smart given your history. I hope the CNM you are meeting with next week can help you and answer your questions and concerns.

Check out Justmommies Blogs!

Are you interested in hosting a chat? Or maybe setting up a chat time for your board? Send me a PM for openings and more information!!
November 30th, 2009, 05:46 PM
WishingStar's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm considered higher risk and seeing a midwife.

Thank you Amber (Lovinmygirls) for my signature

My Blog ~ My Facebook Fan Page ~ My Twitter
December 1st, 2009, 06:30 AM
fka teresarunningmommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishingStar View Post
I'm considered higher risk and seeing a midwife.
Thank you! That makes me feel better. My appointment is one week! It can't come soon enough. I feel like I can't really join in over here like I want to until I get a green light from someone to take care of me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search